International Multiplayer

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Rugby29f

International Multiplayer

Post by Rugby29f »

Is there a limit on how far apart geographically players can be when participating in Multiplayer sessions?

At what point does internet latency or any other issues make it impractical? As an extreme is it possible to run a multiplayer session from the each side of the planet, say Europe and Australia?
aeronauta

Re: International Multiplayer

Post by aeronauta »

We run one using JoinFS between Au , NZ , and the UK with sometimes the US with no problem...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Rugby29f

Post by Rugby29f »

Thanks Jorge. We'll give it a go.

Is JoinFS the key to making it work, or does the native v4.3 Multiplayer work just as well?
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

No reason why it would not...I mean , all players have the same version and the host has port forwarding of 6116-6122.. no problem...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
davidwright93

Post by davidwright93 »

aeronauta wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:28 am No reason why it would not...I mean , all players have the same version and the host has port forwarding of 6116-6122.. no problem...

Jorge
Yes I certainly agree with this. All you need to do is just make sure that the players have the same version. This is very important as I had the same issue and getting all of them on the same version fixed it! :)
BLB

Post by BLB »

I abandoned Joinfs because of the throttle bug, I fly now network with FFS2Pay, the behavior of the plane on ground is much more realistic and I do not have this bug anymore.
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr