Hold on to my Crossfire setup?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
mta00jtl

Post by mta00jtl »

Hi there,

I currently have 2 ATI 7870's in Crossfire (switched off when using P3D).

I know that with V2.0, Crossfire/SLI support won't be initially optimised/supported but may come in a future point release. My question: should I keep my current set up (which I'm happy with outside of P3D) and wait for the Crossfire optimisation? Or would a single powerful card set up be a better option e.g. GTX 770 or other recommendation - budget is not a problem for me at the moment here.

Obviously if P3D is going to make use of Crossfire in the future then the extra grunt available should help?

FYI I don't get the driver issues with Crossfire set ups that some have experienced so stability isn't a factor for me...providing stability isn't a problem with a Crossfire optimised P3D 2.X of course!

Many thanks

James

Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi James,

I understand your dilemma, perhaps the wisest way to resolve this would simply be to wait a couple of weeks as the release of V2.0 will be soon.

Then you can see how your current system actually handles V2.0 at the moment it would only be speculation.

I do think that you won't need to upgrade your current graphics setup as they are DirectX 11 compliant.

Regards,

Saul.