Using Prepar3D with AMD Radeon GPUs

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I was wondering if LM is working with AMD in updating their drivers to support Prepar3D better? The reason I ask is perhaps they are working on their drivers to support MS Flight which may be close enough to work/improve visuals with AMD Radeon cards.

thx,

Clutch
adamjedgar

Post by adamjedgar »

I have both nvidia gtx570 and ati radeon hdd6970 cards. I find no difference in display between either card. Admittedly I am unable to really Burn em by maxing out the flight sim settings and test their full capability, due to my CPU... Amd fx6100 bulldozer. however, I have used both cards in fsx and prepar3d...win7 and win8.

On my system, I find the ati radeon card to be much more stable in high end gaming, and particularly, with fsx. I think fsx under windows 7, truly hates my gtx570. I am continually getting red screen crashes in fsx and counterstrike source with that card. I replaced it with the ati one after only 2 weeks of tearing my hair out!( a waste of a lot of money)and after a further 2 weeks of relative calm on the bad behavior front, I'm sure my bald spot has actually gotten smaller!
Burkhard

Post by Burkhard »

I'm using the 5770 and it works with P3D and FSX just perfect, I hope they touch nothing...
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

A lot of the issues with FSX and some ATI cards was related to mixing old 1.x and 2.x shaders with newer 3.0 shaders. We updated most of the shaders in p3d to 3.0 which helped boost performance in some of those edge cases.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect