Thoughts on running P3D with 6 Displays and one PC?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
MistyBlue

Thoughts on running P3D with 6 Displays and one PC?

Post by MistyBlue »

I am currently upgrading my full-sized cockpit visual PCs. Here's my current config:

P3D 5.2x

CAPT Visual PC:

9900K OC CPU
16GB RAM
1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2 hard drive
3090 Graphics Card
3 2K displays with independent views
1500W PSU
Windows 10 Pro

FO Visual PC:

Same.

I'm using Wideview/Widetraffic to keep them sync'd. Performance is still close to around 45-60 FPS. Some stuttering that appears mostly due to AI traffic/Wide-view.

I am now upgrading one PC to a 12700K and the other to a 11900K. But I got to thinking...maybe it would be better to put both 3090's (not SLI'd) into the one 12700K machine and run all 6 displays off the one PC. That would simplify having to deal with syncing two computers and things like AI traffic and weather, keeping two computers maintained, dual software costs, dual hardware costs, etc.

P3D is more graphically intensive now, right? So I'm thinking the 12700K OC running 32GB DDR5 memory, a PCIe Gen 5 M.2 (980 Pro), and the two 3090's should be able to keep the 6 displays running smooth. Maybe upgrade to Windows 11 for some additional performance benefit. Or am I dreaming?

Of course, I'm going to try it and see what happens and I will let you know what I find, but I'm interested if anyone has similar experience that could share and what you found.

Thanks!
Tony
https://www.simobsession.com