New PC Build for Running P3D Multiscreen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Buzz71

New PC Build for Running P3D Multiscreen

Post by Buzz71 »

Hello everyone,

I am returning to flight simulation after 18 months away. I used to run P3Dv4 on my family desktop, but as other people used the computer I used to have to setup/take down yoke, throttle and related peripherals constantly. It became too cumbersome so I took a break.

Fast forward to now and I am recently retired and looking to get back into flying again as a retirement hobby. This time however I am going to build a dedicated setup that will verge on becoming a home cockpit. Given I enjoy flying different aircraft though I want it to be somewhat generic, not tied to a hardware build that locks me into one aircraft only.

So I am thinking about a build with 3x 50" OLED TV as the main cockpit window display, with potentially secondary screens for instruments. These could be touchscreen at some point but at least for the start I want at least one additional display for overhead - I don't want to be pitching the main display up and down.

It's been quite some time since I have looked into anything PC related so I am interested in opinions on how I would build a PC to run this and what specs I would need to run P3D in this mode. While I don't have unlimited funds, at this stage of life I can look at higher end builds. I'd be interested in exploring what is optimal and then seeing if that is realistic budget wise.

I hope this is a good place to ask these questions and get advice from experienced P3D users - many thanks in advance!