Prepar3d V5 and Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Throttle

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Gary Coleman

Prepar3d V5 and Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Throttle

Post by Gary Coleman »

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle that doesn’t seem to work with Prepar3d. It works fine with the same PC on DCS and Xplane on the MacBook - so I know the throttle works. When I go to the controls setting then I can see the axis moving but try as I might I can’t get it to function properly on any aircraft on Prepar3d. I have to push the throttle backwards and forwards just to get about 60% throttle, sometimes I get max thrust, but then I can’t come back to idle.

Any ideas, it’s driving me nuts, and I can’t get on and do what I have planned with the JustFlight Tornado F3 unless I can get it working.
Martyson

Re: Prepar3d V5 and Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Throttle

Post by Martyson »

Gary Coleman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 pm I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle that doesn’t seem to work with Prepar3d. It works fine with the same PC on DCS and Xplane on the MacBook - so I know the throttle works. When I go to the controls setting then I can see the axis moving but try as I might I can’t get it to function properly on any aircraft on Prepar3d. I have to push the throttle backwards and forwards just to get about 60% throttle, sometimes I get max thrust, but then I can’t come back to idle.

Any ideas, it’s driving me nuts, and I can’t get on and do what I have planned with the JustFlight Tornado F3 unless I can get it working.
@ Gary Coleman

Do you have just the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle or it and the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Joystick?

Do you use the Thrustmaster Target software?

Note:
My setup is Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Throttle and Joystick with P3Dv5.2HF1 and FSUIPC for all Axes and calibrations.
In the process of setup and testing.

The setup currently works with P3Dv4.5HF3.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Gary Coleman

Post by Gary Coleman »

Hi @martyson

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick (which is working fine), the Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals (that are working fine) and the Thrustmaster HOTAS throttles (that aren’t working properly). I am running P3D V5 Pro, although I did read about the Hot Fixes last night after posting, which I haven’t downloaded and used yet - but they don’t mention any fixes for I/O devices.

I don’t use any other software like Target.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Gary
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Gary Coleman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm Hi @martyson

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick (which is working fine), the Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals (that are working fine) and the Thrustmaster HOTAS throttles (that aren’t working properly). I am running P3D V5 Pro, although I did read about the Hot Fixes last night after posting, which I haven’t downloaded and used yet - but they don’t mention any fixes for I/O devices.

I don’t use any other software like Target.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Gary
@ Gary Coleman ,

Start P3d
Options
Other Controls
Input Method
Direct or Raw ?
Best Regards,
Gary Coleman

Post by Gary Coleman »

Thanks - I’ll give that a try at the weekend. Should it be ‘direct’ or ‘raw’?
Gary Coleman

Post by Gary Coleman »

@martyson

Thanks, I set to Raw and nothing. I then calibrated it via the P3D software, still nothing. Then I deleted the axis and reassigned it to the same axis - hey presto! It works!

Thanks very much for the tip.

I just need to get the HUD brightness up now, cheers
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Gary Coleman ,

You are welcome.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,