P3DV5.2 - CPU VS GPU USAGE DOESN´T WORKING PROPERLY

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
ericviana

P3DV5.2 - CPU VS GPU USAGE DOESN´T WORKING PROPERLY

Post by ericviana »

Hi guys, hope you are all well and healthy. I will explain my situation.

I recently purchased p3d version 5.2, rex, orbx base pack, chaseplane, open mesh south america, FSLABS 320, gsx and gsx level 2 and I am encountering a problem that I effectively can not solve after several tests performed. I have all the major simulators on the market today and only with the prepar I am having the problem that I will describe now. From the simulator without any add-on included I have noticed that p3d is using 80-100% CPU and 5-13% GPU. With the add-on installed the exact same thing happens leading to the simulator having many stutterings, crashes in moving the cameras etc.

Tests performed: without add-on (aircraft, scenery, default meteorology) and with add-ons (fslabsm. I've disabled all functions and tested raising each function separately, up to the maximum. I deleted shaders, prepar.cfg, disabled HT, enabled HT. I tested with OVERCLOCK only in the processor and without overclock. G-SYNC on and off. Locked FPS both in the simulator, as the panel of nvidia. Anyway in all settings happens the same behavior of the CPU / GPU. The problem here is not the use of CPU / GPU only. It is simply the absurdly high CPU USE reaching 100% (that is when the stutters start) while the GPU is in 5%. In the task manager this is happening and I've noted it in GPU-Z and CPU-Z. I've observed the same usages there as well. I already disabled game mode in windows, already enabled, already tested "disable full screen performance". In the prepar as I said earlier already deactivated everything I could and activated everything again. In the nvidia panel the same thing. I've done test with g-force experience and with the same uninstalled. all temperatures are absolutely within the normal range as they are new hardware. I did the test without anything modified and with modifications and I have the same behavior. In no other simulator or games I have this problem.

Updates:

P3DV5.2 - last update
Windows - last update
NVIDIA driver - last update
BIOS - last update
All computer drives are up to date, motherboard etc etc

Specs:

- Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro SSD, 512GB, M.2 NVMe, Read3500MB/s, Write 2300MB/s - AGAMMIXS11P-512GT-C
- SSD Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro, 256GB, M.2 NVMe, Read 3500MB/s, Write 1200MB/s - AGAMMIXS11P-256GT-C
- Corsair 1000W 80 Plus Platinum Modular HX1000 - CP-9020139
- Gigabyte Aorus LED Gamer Monitor, 27', QHD, IPS, HDMI, Display Port, 165Hz, 1ms, FI27Q-SA
- Memory XPG Spectrix D60G RGB 32GB (4x8GB), 3600MHz, DDR4, CL17, Gray - AX4U360038G17-DT60
- Seagate BarraCuda, 4TB, 3.5', SATA - ST4000DM004 9
- mother board Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, Intel LGA 1200, ATX, DDR4 - ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
- CPU Processor Intel Core i7-10700K, 16MB Cache, 3.8GHz, LGA 1200 - BX8070110700K
- GPU ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB
- HD 1TB Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm ( PREPARED INSTALLED HERE)
- SSD kingston 100GB

Kindly note that it is a high-end computer and there is absolutely no bottlenecks presented in any other games or simulators that I have been able to check. On the contrary they run well above 60 FPS and with fluidity.
I have checked that there are more people with this same problem and none of the attempts I have read and tested have worked.
Kindly someone from support or forum if they can help me I would appreciate. I bought it just for training and can not use it.

cheers,

Eric
mpni

Re: P3DV5.2 - CPU VS GPU USAGE DOESN´T WORKING PROPERLY

Post by mpni »

@ ericviana
Due to a lot of dxgi errors, it seems that LM as changed the ratio CPU/GPU.
Now with 5.2HF1, DXGI error are few on the forum.
Have a look on this screenshoot (scenery: France VFR , aircraft: Restauravia CM 175 Zephir)
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/ ... PU_CPU.jpg
You can see the same as you describe.
I don't know if it is possible, but a slider GPU/CPU in the User Interface would be another improvement.
My spec (No overclock on CPU/GPU)
Intel Core i7 8700K - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X - 8 Go
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS - Ripjaws V Red DDR4 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15
W10 on Crucial MX300 - 525 Go
P3Dv5.2HF1 on CORSAIR FORCE MP510 V2 960GB NVME PCIE M.2 SSD
Regards
Michel
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Eric, go here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... ation.html

For calculating the value for AffinityMask, use this calculator:

https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.asp ... m=utilties

Jorgen

Edit: your CPU is also running very slowly (for P3D purposes). You should look into overclocking it to at least 4.5 GHz.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ericviana

Post by ericviana »

I am very grateful to all the friends who are helping me. I will test the options. Thank you all very much.