Each version of V5 is worse performing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
B77X

Each version of V5 is worse performing

Post by B77X »

Every version of v5 performs worse on my old PC. Latest v5 Hotfix 2 is the worst compared to the last. The release notes said this was designed to increase performance? Clean full install of 5.1 HF2. Lowered sliders and antialiasing with no effect!
mpni

Re: Each version of V5 is worse performing

Post by mpni »

Hi B77X
Have a look here :
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/
You will find this page in the ABOUT section / System requirements
Regards
Michel
rahauke

Post by rahauke »

No details, only complaining? No interest in specific error reporting, only trolling? For me Prepar3D improved,no Microstutters, no problem at all and my PC is 6 years old. My add ons and my TRC flight deck is working. Zero to complain about.

After FS2020 a lot of people feared that this is the end of Prepar3D. Now we get updates and improvements. I want to thank the LM team.
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

I find just the opposite -- performance is increasing with each release. Of course, I don't have an axe to grind.....
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
georgio52

Post by georgio52 »

I have not seen any problem mine works very well and smooth like butter, with plenty of add-ons and all my settings at max

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OPERATING SYSTEM: MS Windows 10 Professional | CPU : Intel Core i9-10900X | MEMORY : 32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR | GPU : NVIDIA 8GB GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | SYSTEM DRIVE : 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 | SIMULATOR : PREPAR3D v5.2 Professional | MONITOR : LG 32" G-SYNC | CONTROLS: CH-Trottle Quandrant | Honeycomb Yoke | Thrustmaster
B77X

Post by B77X »

Everyone is having higher fps? I do not believe it. The fps is worse. It could be the new night lights. The base v5 was great performance since the hotfixes and 5.1 performance gets worse.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

B77X,

It is somewhat difficult to take your ramblings seriously, when you:

1. Do not provide any system specifications,

2. Only gripe, and

3. Only seem to be chasing FPS.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

Great update LM! Smooth as silk!
max
B77X

Post by B77X »

JorgenSA wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:17 am B77X,

It is somewhat difficult to take your ramblings seriously, when you:

1. Do not provide any system specifications,

2. Only gripe, and

3. Only seem to be chasing FPS.

Jorgen
Are you always this insulting towards people? I speak to a dozen others who all have lower fps in HF1 and cheerleaders come here to insult me and claim it's the best fps yet. If you have nothing helpful to add dont' add it. Im not listing a dozen computer specs all of us meet the system requirements.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I think you need to take your own advice: "If you have nothing helpful to add dont' add it." - you have added nothing helpful in this thread, only unfounded gripe, with no supporting evidence or documentation. And when people then try to tell you that they have no such issues, you insult them.

Furthermore, if you want to get out of the situation you have, then the people here would could and would help you need the information they ask for. Without that, there is nothing we can do. That is how support works.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

It could be the new night lights.
If you disable the new night lights (I believe they are disabled by default), how does your performance compare with previous releases? The new night light feature can be a bit demanding on the CPU.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
B77X

Post by B77X »

Beau Hollis wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:36 pm
It could be the new night lights.
If you disable the new night lights (I believe they are disabled by default), how does your performance compare with previous releases? The new night light feature can be a bit demanding on the CPU.
The night lights are the problem I had sparse (middle option) but have to turn them off for fps increases. Is there a plan to help performance because they look good and help the night environment. Add another option like very sparse, normal (sparse), dense?