Still getting Dxgi

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Mb944

Re: Still getting Dxgi

Post by Mb944 »

I have mine set to 2048. But my settings is not set to the max. It’s between medium and high running 60fps . It runs very smooth. I just uninstalled Rex see if that might be the cause of it. I’m using a freeware for the clouds called high definition environment. From rikoooo.com
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

I use 2048 and Asp4 for weather and ASCA for clouds
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

I did a flight from klax to cyyz with Rex uninstalled. I didn’t get the error. So I don’t know if Rex was causing this
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

I stopped using Rex with 4.5.

I didn’t even know Rex had anything for V5. I got tired of waiting for an update and moved on to ASP4 with ASCA. It works great.

Ray
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

Rex skyforce is compatible with V5. But who knows if that was the problem. It’s hard to back track and find the problem when u have a lot of scenery’s and stuff. U shouldn’t have to pray everyday and hopefully it doesn’t crash when ever u do a flight in p3d.
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

Well I can confirm I have zero issues with full ORBX (North and South America), all regions, buildings HD, Trees (both), lots of ORBX airports, All North America True Earth from ORBX, ASP4, ASCA and numerous third party airports from FlyTampa, LatinVFR, PKSIM, etc.

Hope that helps you narrow down.

I would try a few flights without the addon then add the addon and see if you get it on the first flight with the addon.

I purchased FSLABS and got away from Aerosoft Airbus because the trueglass.dll installed with the Aerosoft Airbus caused the Device Hung on my rig so I had to turn off trueglass.dll and so what's the point in having that product. Just my opinion.

Ray
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

Ya I have true glass off.
Rockwell_Lancer

Post by Rockwell_Lancer »

Hi Folks!

I know it has been a while since I last partook, but I just wanted to provide an update on my earlier mention of trying out the new optional AMD driver with P3D. Was doing a multi-session flight from CYVR to EGLL over the last few weeks (I take a very long time to complete a single flight, I know), and in those 4-5 sessions that were at least a couple hours each, I didn't get a single DXGI error.

That is, until this evening; on the downwind leg of my approach to Heathrow, the simulator experienced the first DXGI error I have seen in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I was using the PMDG 77W with FSUIPC autosave turned on, so I didn't really lose much progress, but it's worth noting here, that when the crash happened, the sim had been running uninterrupted for a couple of hours, and the frame rates had fallen down to the 25-30 range as a result of both the ORBX openLC Europe scenery and probably the airplane itself. Looking at task manager, CPU usage was maxed out on core 0 and around 75% on the remaining cores, and GPU usage was also very high. Seems that the error was simply caused by an uptick in GPU usage.

After restarting P3D, I completed the flight without issues and even repeated the approach several times to practice it. Definitely not something that should be happening in any circumstance, but it's entirely possible that the 21.5.2 AMD driver at least reduces its frequency.

Cheers!

Dominick
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

@rockwell_lancer

which card do you have?
Rockwell_Lancer

Post by Rockwell_Lancer »

sportpilot67 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:42 am @rockwell_lancer

which card do you have?
Same as the OP. RX 6800 XT (specifically GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC 16G GDDR6). I haven't tried downclocking yet, so if I keep getting issues, I will give that a try.

Dominick
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

I have the 6800XT AMD Radeon version.

Came clocked at 2400 plus and device hung constantly.

Per AMD website max in game clock 2015mhz in Radeon software suite rest is default. No device hung for me for awhile now.

Ray