My Webcam active light turns on with P3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
quid21

My Webcam active light turns on with P3D

Post by quid21 »

I use a Microsoft Lifecam webcam which is permanently connected to my PC, and I've noticed that when I open Prepar3d (current version and V4) the web cam active blue light comes on - when I exit Prepar3d it turns off.

Now, it doesn't bother me too much, but is this normal behaviour? I don't use webcam head tracking in P3D, nor anything else that requires a webcam, so why is it turning on?!!!!!

If this is not expected behaviour, perhaps LM can switch that off - or alternatively, please point me in the direction of the setting that controls that as it's disconcerting in this day and age where we're being bombarded by stories of abuse of privacy.
Martyson

Re: My Webcam active light turns on with P3D

Post by Martyson »

quid21 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 pm I use a Microsoft Lifecam webcam which is permanently connected to my PC, and I've noticed that when I open Prepar3d (current version and V4) the web cam active blue light comes on - when I exit Prepar3d it turns off.

Now, it doesn't bother me too much, but is this normal behaviour? I don't use webcam head tracking in P3D, nor anything else that requires a webcam, so why is it turning on?!!!!!

If this is not expected behaviour, perhaps LM can switch that off - or alternatively, please point me in the direction of the setting that controls that as it's disconcerting in this day and age where we're being bombarded by stories of abuse of privacy.
@ quid21 ,

See information on MIC installed / in use / P3D voice recognition :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140002
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)