Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jerremyhamston

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Post by jerremyhamston »

Hi,
I love DC-10s and I desperately need one for P3D v5, but I was unable to find one other than Just Flight DC-10, but it says it's only compatible with P3D v3 and previous versions. As some old P3D aircraft work on newer versions of P3D, I'm still kinda hopeful. But I still don't want to risk $ 40 for it, so I've decided to ask beforehand. Does JF DC-10 work on P3D v5?
Thanks in advance.
ffcarvalho83

Re: Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Post by ffcarvalho83 »

Good morning. I am a fan of DC-10 too. Yeah... Til now this was the best one I founded. And it works in P3Dv5. With small limitations and same erros, but you can fly very well. There is a good update of Fly model in SOH Forum. And you can buy sounds of TSS too. Will be very far away of FsLabs or Aerosoft DC-8, but at least you will be able to play with DC-10.
CoastalDriver

Re: Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Post by CoastalDriver »

Yeah sure does but you will need to do a bunch of mods to get it up to scratch - then it is very good. See the thread over at Avsim in the P3D Forum on the mods. Not difficult and there is also a how to guide provided to get you going. Different beast altogether now with HD textures etc and the various mods to make stuff work and sort out some 64 bit issues!