Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Switch/Multi-panel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
pacoffey

Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Switch/Multi-panel

Post by pacoffey »

v5 has been a bust for reliability and functionality. The upgrade to v5 (Fresh Install) caused my Saitek/Logitech Switch and Multi-panel to stop working. I would think that Lockheed with it's vast influence and resources could encourage hardware vendors to upgrade their drivers for previously compatible devices. Do you have an answer for the many users that are impacted by this issue? Perhaps the Prepar3D team could build support for these devices into the code base?
charlesallsop

Re: Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Switch/Multi-panel

Post by charlesallsop »

Hi I suggest Spad Next, far superior and many options to configure these panels. Demo version is available to try.
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

As suggested, SPAD.Next (from spadnext.com) is a must for controlling Saitek panels (and really, for managing just about any other controllers you have for your simulator, including yokes, joysticks, rudders, throttles, and the myriad of buttons, dials, and switches that come on those controllers).

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO

Post by 1021405 »

Have the V4 and V5 P3D on my pc. No issue with the gauges/switch panels when I run V4 version. But cannot get them to work with V5

Any thoughts ?. Running windows 10 . Not prepared to start re- installing the downloads from the Saitek website , unless they have put a very recent upgrade up .
John E.
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

I have the same problem, they will not work, unless you buy addon called "spad.next". I think currently this is the only solution, correct me somebody if I'm wrong.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

miseb79 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:45 am I have the same problem, they will not work, unless you buy addon called "spad.next". I think currently this is the only solution, correct me somebody if I'm wrong.
@ miseb79 ,

Have you contacted Logitech about your switch panel problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

Martyson, yep, but without response
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

miseb79 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm Martyson, yep, but without response
It could take a few days to get a reply from Logitech support.
Best Regards,
jleboff

Post by jleboff »

We have found that disabling the Power Management in Win 10 eliminates startup issues with panels not functioning. You need to download and install following the plug out and in sequence for the USB's
fottip

Post by fottip »

miseb79 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:45 am I have the same problem, they will not work, unless you buy addon called "spad.next". I think currently this is the only solution, correct me somebody if I'm wrong.
I won't just say straight out you're "wrong", but I've been experiencing exactly the same issues, and I've been using SPADNext for years. SPADNext does NOT make P3D4 addon aircraft compatible with P3D5...PERIOD.

The problem is two-fold, as I see it. P3D4/SpadNext combo work fine with aircraft addons intended for P3D4, and I have a lot of money invested in those. They are worthless for P3Dv5.

Now, enter P3d5, with MSFS2020 in the wings, and, VOILA', not only do all the P3D4 aircraft addons NO LONGER WORK in P3D5, so all the money invested in those aircraft is down the drain, but the dirty little secret is that devs are not upgrading their P3D4 aircraft to work in P3D5, AND no decent new P3D5 aircraft are being developed either, due to the elephant in the room, MSFS2020, which is so bug-ridden it's unusable.

THERE - How'z that feel? I've been flight-simming since the first stick-figure monochrome Microsoft flight sim was released decades ago on MS PC, and this is the worst situation I've ever seen for PC flight simulation since then. Pathetic.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fottip wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 am
I won't just say straight out you're "wrong", but I've been experiencing exactly the same issues, and I've been using SPADNext for years. SPADNext does NOT make P3D4 addon aircraft compatible with P3D5...PERIOD.

The problem is two-fold, as I see it. P3D4/SpadNext combo work fine with aircraft addons intended for P3D4, and I have a lot of money invested in those. They are worthless for P3Dv5.

Now, enter P3d5, with MSFS2020 in the wings, and, VOILA', not only do all the P3D4 aircraft addons NO LONGER WORK in P3D5, so all the money invested in those aircraft is down the drain, but the dirty little secret is that devs are not upgrading their P3D4 aircraft to work in P3D5, AND no decent new P3D5 aircraft are being developed either, due to the elephant in the room, MSFS2020, which is so bug-ridden it's unusable.

THERE - How'z that feel? I've been flight-simming since the first stick-figure monochrome Microsoft flight sim was released decades ago on MS PC, and this is the worst situation I've ever seen for PC flight simulation since then. Pathetic.
@ fottip,
Have you ask the Add-on developers if they intend on upgrading their products for P3Dv5 and MSFS [2020] ?

I have P3Dv4 Add-ons that will not be updated for P3Dv5 for months to come and products for [MSFS] maybe by late 2021 and they will not be free and not expected to be free.

No big deal. I will fly them in P3Dv4.

You mentioned:
"MSFS2020, which is so bug-ridden it's unusable."
Have you purchased and tested MSFS [2020]?

P3Dv5 and MSFS [2020] are new products.
How long , based on your long history with Flight Simulation, does it take to develop a new aircraft or support hardware product for a new platform?
Best Regards,
fottip

Post by fottip »

Martyson wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:52 am@ fottip,Have you ask the Add-on developers if they intend on upgrading their products for P3Dv5 and MSFS [2020]
No. But there are numerous threads on the applicable fora that speak specifically to that question. The answers are "CRICKETS". None of those devs will admit to the obvious fact that MSFS is their focus - P3D is dead in the water. You do your own research.
I have P3Dv4 Add-ons that will not be updated for P3Dv5 for months to come and products for [MSFS] maybe by late 2021 and they will not be free and not expected to be free. No big deal. I will fly them in P3Dv4.
Well, you do what floats your boat. But cheer-leading for developer support for P3D5 addons that isn't there is a loser.
You mentioned: "MSFS2020, which is so bug-ridden it's unusable." Have you purchased and tested MSFS [2020]?
Whoa...Are you insinuating that I'd make such a statement with ZERO experience with the application? Seriously? Do you ever read the MSFS2020 forums at all, to see all the user complaints and acknowledged BUG-REPORTS??? C'MON, MAN..... I'm not making this crap up.
How long , based on your long history with Flight Simulation, does it take to develop a new aircraft or support hardware product for a new platform?
Are you a paid MSFT shill? Or do you just get off contradicting obvious facts? Either way, you need to re-think your position on things....IT IS, WHAT IT IS. GET OVER IT.

Let's understand each other, my friend. I've watched your posts over time, and you seem to have a rather high opinion of yourself. I happen to be a US certificated instrument-rated pilot, and I have a pretty good understanding of why airplanes fly, and how that happens. I also have some appreciation of what makes a good simulation of that. OK? Let's cut the crap here.
Last edited by fottip on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

fottip wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:58 am
Martyson wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:52 am@ fottip,Have you ask the Add-on developers if they intend on upgrading their products for P3Dv5 and MSFS [2020]
No. But there are numerous threads on the applicable fora that speak specifically to that question. The answers are "CRICKETS". None of those devs will admit to the obvious fact that MSFS is their focus - P3D is dead in the water. You do your own research.
I have P3Dv4 Add-ons that will not be updated for P3Dv5 for months to come and products for [MSFS] maybe by late 2021 and they will not be free and not expected to be free. No big deal. I will fly them in P3Dv4.
Well, you do what floats your boat. But cheer-leading for developer support for P3D5 addons that isn't there is a loser.
You mentioned: "MSFS2020, which is so bug-ridden it's unusable." Have you purchased and tested MSFS [2020]?
Whoa...Are you insinuating that I'd make such a statement with ZERO experience with the application? Seriously? Do you ever read the MSFS2020 forums at all, to see all the user complaints and acknowledged BUG-REPORTS??? C'MON, MAN..... I'm not making this crap up.
Are you a paid MSFT shill? Or do you just get off contradicting obvious facts? Either way, you need to re-think your position on things....IT IS, WHAT IT IS. GET OVER IT.
@ fottip,

Good idea to contact your Add-on developers .

Did you get a refund from MSFS?

"Are you a paid MSFT shill?"
do not know MSFT
Best Regards,
saxdreamer787

Post by saxdreamer787 »

Great sparring, enjoyed the dialogue!!!
Intel Eight Core I-9 9900KF Processor overclocked to 4.9GHz
Intel I Z2390 Chipset Motherboard
32GB DDR-4 3600MHz Ram
2TB SSD HD @ 1800MB/s
Nvidia RTX 6000 24 GB GDDR6
700 -Watt Power Supply
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

I have the same problem: only the rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and yoke work. My Logitech Flight Instruments and panels do not.
Since my SSD failed, I upgraded to P3D v5.1. Logitech support is just not there, nothing but a run-around. I'm not sure were the problem is—P3D or Logitech.
Pat