P3D 4.5 HOTFIX 2 fps lim ( LM DEV please react )

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
ryanair007

P3D 4.5 HOTFIX 2 fps lim ( LM DEV please react )

Post by ryanair007 »

My simple questions is why can you not limit your fps with in game with your p3d fps lim . The sim is only only smooth with fps unlimited . Looks like the fps lim is linked with somthing else in the sim that makes everything stutter . so the only was to make the sim smooth is

1 . unlimited fsp with v-sync
2. 30 htz screen res ( smooth sim but all the rest is laggy ) specialy with you use high refresh screen like mine 165 htz.

Did not have this problem with 4.4 .Fps lim was working great . Since 4.5 the internal fps lim create bad stutters.

Tried the sim on 3 diffrent machiche with high end hardware.

So Lm with hotfix 2 this problem is not solved and have to use the 30 htz trick WHY........

Why is in to possible to use a 144 htz screen with a nice and reactive screen and lock fsp to 34 fps like befour ????
JorgenSA

Re: P3D 4.5 HOTFIX 2 fps lim ( LM DEV please react )

Post by JorgenSA »

Your question is: "why can you not limit your fps with in game with your p3d fps lim"

My answer is: "You can".

The limiter works as advised on my system, and probably on a lot of others, since you are the only one (so far) to mention this issue.

So L-M is not likely to react.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Sorry i did not add the last words . Fps lim works fine . but when you limit fps the whole sim stutters. The only way to keep the sim smooth is to keep fps unlimited ( in other words off ) . or use the 30 hz trick with v-sysc on.
my screen does not no 30 htz as i have a surround 3 x 24 inch from 50 htz to 165 htz ) .

Now in 4.4 you could limite the fps to 34 for example and it was perfectley smooth ..

Since 4.5 you try to limite fps in the inside and outside lim you have stutteres and micro stutters directley.

That means that the fps lim my be connected to another fonction and just limiing the fps like it should do ( as p3d 4.4 . )
i hope its clear now .

Best regards .
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Sorry i did not add the last words . Fps limiter works fine . but when you limit fps the whole sim stutters. The only way to keep the sim smooth is to keep fps unlimited ( in other words off ) . or use the 30 hz trick with v-sync on.
my screen does not do 30 htz . I have a triple surround 3 x 24 inch from 50 htz to 165 htz ) .

Now in 4.4 you could limit the fps to 34 for example and it was perfectly smooth ..

Since 4.5 I try to limit fps in the inside and outside with any kind of limiter you have stutteres and micro stutters directly.

That means that the fps limiter in the sim may be connected to another function and not just limiting fps.

Sorry my phone keyboard is in french layout . lol
i hope its clear now .