Moving P3dv4.5 to an SSD

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
rsmith6621

Moving P3dv4.5 to an SSD

Post by rsmith6621 »

Last night I installed my SSD. I then downloaded P3dv4.5 and tried to install it to my SSD which I have labeled my E/Drive. I pointed the P3d install to the e/drive and commenced the install. It did not install to the SSD but did a sort of repair to the current P3d on C/drive. I now understand that I cannot have 2 versions of P3d on the same drive. I am looking for much faster load times as it is now taking me 3-5 minute to get to the settings page.

So if I were to remove the Client/Content/Scenery installers off my C/drive along with my 3rd Party aircraft. Could I leave my 3rd party scenery files on the c/drive and then map them through the scenery library to the ssd and still get fast loading times. Is there anything on the P3d Forums about this.

How would you move P3d to a SSD if it was you. I want the SSD to be a dedicated P3d Drive...
JorgenSA

Re: Moving P3dv4.5 to an SSD

Post by JorgenSA »

You cannot move a P3D installation. You will, unfortunately, have to uninstall it and then reinstall it to the proper location.

But you should be able to leave the add-ons on the C: drive and then point P3D to them there. Just back them up first in case something happens.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
rsmith6621

Re: Moving P3dv4.5 to an SSD

Post by rsmith6621 »

@ JorgenSA

How do I point them. Does this include the scenery and 3rd party aircraft. I would just reinstall Orbx stuff.