SLI Configuration and Settings

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
glapira

SLI Configuration and Settings

Post by glapira »

Good Morning guys,

how are you? I am just in the process of getting a second 2080ti to run in SLI with the NVLink. I was wondering if you could tell me if there are any settings I need to change in P3D to make it run correctly? How about Nvidia Control Panel? Is NVinspector required?

Is the flickering issues with RealLight still a problem?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Gio
downscc

Re: SLI Configuration and Settings

Post by downscc »

Use the NVidia Control Panel to enable SLI. This is the only setting required. As for P3D, the display selection will remain the same unless you change resolution. NI is not required, and I haven't used it since v4.0 was released. The SLI looks the same to P3D as a single card...., it' still rendering to the GPU of the first card which then allocates the work between both cards.

There is one setting in the prepar3d.cfg that I changed as a result of the SLI: In [DISPLAY] MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures=0 // For SLI=0

RealLight? I don't know. I do see texture rendered graphics flash but this is a fix in the v4.5 change list. I will be installing this later.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Having 2 GTX1080 in SLI mode I just HAVE to join this thread:
I am still having troubles with FPS in the 10s to low 20s without ORBX True Earth sceneries and immense blurring and FPS in the low 10s with True Earth
Something (still) cannot be right...

@ Dan: do you use the setting of MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures with inactive or active SLI?

And another question (please don't laugh, I'm simply insecure): Could it help to spread the plugging of my 4 monitors (3 for P3D in surround mode plus 1 for Little Navmap) among the two grafic cards, or should all 4 be plugged into ONE card (then: to the 'first' one, or to the 'second' one - if there is any difference)?

Puzzling...
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
skyymann

Post by skyymann »

The SLI and realight issues remain. I'm getting beyond frustrated with this. And TFDI is just pretty much ignoring us now too.

Scott
Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go
glapira

Post by glapira »

Guys can somebody help with this? This issue is becoming an big problem for the guys with SLI setups. Can somebody come up with an asnwer? I am not getting anything from TFDI who keeps saying it's a P3D SDK Issue. Can somebody shed some light please? Thanks!