[RESOLVED] P3D V4.3 Powers off in flight Unknown? - hardware issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Hawaiianstyle78

[RESOLVED] P3D V4.3 Powers off in flight Unknown? - hardware issue

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

My p3d V4.3 started Powering off while in flight. The whole computer powers off . It happens either 10 min into flight or 3-4 hours into flight. Does that sound like a scenery problem or An OverClock Voltage problem or Temperature problem . My i7 8700k has been delided and I OverClocked it to 4.7 ghz and Cpu Core voltage is set to 1.235v .....anyone have any input?Been trying to diagnose last day. Already cleaned out the scenery cfg & the 3 section App/Local, App/Roaming & hidden files area/Progam files/ Lockheed Martin & none of that worked. Even reset FSUIPC did not work. I got plenty of cooling and Gpuz shows my 1080 ti @ 56 C & CoreTemp shows Cpu at 67 C while 4 hrs inflight.

The Event viewer does not show anything related to the PC powering off while in flight

Help or similar problems whoever has advice greatly appreciated thank you
ncooper

Re: P3D V4.3 Powers off in flight Unknown?

Post by ncooper »

Hello,

I did have this exact problem.
It was preceded by the DXGI_DEVICE error which appeared only when running P3D v4.
The repeated error developed into the PC closing down, just as you describe.

In my case, a weakness in my power supply was the cause and after a replacement the error
has never been repeated.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

This sounds like a hardware issue. To add to ncoopers input, it's also possible your PC is overheating and shutting down.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Hawaiianstyle78

Ok thank you for the Heads up. I didn't know if it was scenery or hardware. I installed an afcad and converted it to P3d v4 RJTT and RJCC 3 days ago. I also ordered 2 Pc mounting fans that I installed on the Top/Inside of the case. They are either powered by USB into the motherboard or by Power block externally. I used the USB method and I think its overloading something. Just rewired it so its now powered by the outlet. Gonna remove RJTT and RJCC and see if problem pops up again and do the process of elimination with the scenery if it holds now. Thank you
Hawaiianstyle78

Well With no RJCC and RJTT in the scenery. I rewired the fans so now they are using power from the outlet in the wall instead of the motherboard, was about 30 min into flight and PC powered off again. It must be the Vcore voltage that I have in the bios set at 1.235v. I just set it to 1.250v so we will give it another try. don't know what else it could be?
Hawaiianstyle78

well figured out what it was. My 8700K overclock to 4.7ghz @ 1.235v was insufficient. Had to up the vcore volts to 1.250v and made the whole entire 5 hour flight to Hilo Hawaii.