HYPERTHREADING ON OR OFF FOR THE P3d v4.3??????

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Anfedu

HYPERTHREADING ON OR OFF FOR THE P3d v4.3??????

Post by Anfedu »

Hello everyone, I’m looking for any information regarding to the hyperthreading on or off for different games
but I don’t have any information concerning to p3d with ht off or ht on , anybody knows something about it
Thx in advance.
downscc

Re: HYPERTHREADING ON OR OFF FOR THE P3d v4.3??????

Post by downscc »

Off. Of course every system is different and there might be other reasons to use HT but there is nothing in P3D that benefits from HT, according to what I've found experimenting with 7700K and 8700K chips. I've read from a good source that there are cases where HT degrades performance, although I've not experienced that myself. P3D will take advantage of the extra logical cores but I've not found this to have an impact on any measure of performance.

Be advised that you will get opinions in a forum, the best approach is to experiment yourself and form your own opinion. There will always be folks in a flight simulation forum with opposite views.
Dan Downs
KCRP
WarpD

Re: HYPERTHREADING ON OR OFF FOR THE P3d v4.3??????

Post by WarpD »

I have never, ever turned HT off. Ever.

HT is used by more than just the sim. There is an entire OS i the background that uses HT rather efficiently.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation