Help with two display setup, please

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
richardtsllc

Help with two display setup, please

Post by richardtsllc »

I'm running with two displays (40" HDTVs) for a while instead of my usual three (L, C, R). With three displays, it's obvious and easy to simply stretch the program start window across all three, and the center display is the center.

But, using two displays, I'd like to have the primary (previously Center) remain the center, and have the Left display remain the Left display. I'm sitting in the Left seat, so I can do without the Right display for a while. In the fantasy world I live in, that should be relatively simple to accomplish. But, with two displays, the program window will default to the "center" being the bezels between the two TVs, which is not what I want. I've tried rotating my view 60-degrees-ish to the left, but that's not working, either.

I have tried to use the Display and View Groups feature, but I seriously can not understand the instructions. I'm a nuclear engineer, and those pages may be the hardest to figure out of anything I've ever tried! Geez, L-M! Please!

I like the idea of being able to specify and setup in detail which display does which part of the overall view - does someone have a simpler, step-by-step instruction for me? Thanks in advance!
richardtsllc

Re: Help with two display setup, please

Post by richardtsllc »

OK, that tutorial from another thread (now locked) was kinda helpful for P3D V3; but, after messing with it for half a day, I was not able to get the perspective to look correct between the different screens. For some reason, the Zoom feature wasn't locking and/or being consistent between screens; i.e., View Group Management never worked properly for me - at least following the instructions in the tutorial, etc.

So, I tried the Custom Camera route, and it was quick and (relatively) easy, and successful. I've noted that the default FOV values are very different from the method in the View Group Management tutorial. And, at least the Zoom values are consistent.

I'd still like to understand more about the difference between the two methods of setting up multiple (surround) monitors.

And, for that matter, how does P3D V4 co-exist / cooperate (or not) with the NVidia Surround Gaming?

Thanks, Forum (and L-M)