5.2 perfect, 5.3 long pausing and stuttering is unflyable

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
maveric311

Re: 5.2 perfect, 5.3 long pausing and stuttering is unflyable

Post by maveric311 »

I have done several flights now and it is still occurring at dusk but it resolves and I haven’t got a CTD. But the bug isn’t fixed 100% yet LM.
Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. »

Do I have to delete something besides p3d cfg so that the problems disappear? did I miss something?
v5.3 hotfix 2 runs very badly for me, also fps drops.
Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. »

Hello, now I have to ask a stupid question.
After uninstalling p3d v5.3 and installing p3dv5.3 hotfix 1, I noticed that my original p3dv5.3 folder is on hard drive "d" with all the folders.
I installed p3dv5.3 hotfix 1 on the same folder that already existed. !
is that maybe wrong? do I maybe have to delete the folders by hand first and install p3dv5.3 hotfix 1 in an empty folder like "D.p3dv5 ?
I have already mentioned many problems with hotfix 2.
Do I lose all Prosim data for my home cockpit if I delete the data manually beforehand?
Please help
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi Daniel M
Current version is 5.3HF2:
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 01/120955/
"... Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2 ..."
If you want to update:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120861
If you want to uninstall before a new clean install:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187
regards
Michel
CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Hey guys I also have a problem which is similar..... I used to have 45 fps in the PMDG 737 with my GTX 1060 6 GB and I5-9400 4.3 GHz. I left p3d for like 2 months or so. Now I reinstalled the sim and I get perfect frames in the default scenario. However if I load any payware aircraft like the FSL Bus or PMDG I get extreme stutters as well 18 fps at the DEFAULT airport.... Maybe it is the new HF? Idk... Out of ideas. P3D always does problems to me.
EDIT: My GPU usage is 6 percent according to task manager... and my cpu around 60 as well as RAM.
https://t.me/pump_upp
Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. »

Why can't I get the library sorted better? that can't be right, can it?
orbx global is always at position 1
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

CptMichimax14 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:00 pm Hey guys I also have a problem which is similar..... I used to have 45 fps in the PMDG 737 with my GTX 1060 6 GB and I5-9400 4.3 GHz. I left p3d for like 2 months or so. Now I reinstalled the sim and I get perfect frames in the default scenario. However if I load any payware aircraft like the FSL Bus or PMDG I get extreme stutters as well 18 fps at the DEFAULT airport.... Maybe it is the new HF? Idk... Out of ideas. P3D always does problems to me.
EDIT: My GPU usage is 6 percent according to task manager... and my cpu around 60 as well as RAM.
I was not able to fly HF1 using FSLABS. With HF2 and FSLABS I am about 50 to 65fps. I have not had any issues since HF2. However, I did a clean install.
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

Daniel M. wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:41 pm Why can't I get the library sorted better? that can't be right, can it?
orbx global is always at position 1
Have you checked your insertion point inside ORBX Central?
Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. »

hello, yes i have
I sort orbx under other addon airports but orbx global always appears at position 1.
do I maybe have to reinstall all addon airports?
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

Daniel M. wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:24 pm hello, yes i have
I sort orbx under other addon airports but orbx global always appears at position 1.
do I maybe have to reinstall all addon airports?
Are you not allowed to highlight it and move it to where you want in P3D scenery library?

If not maybe look into P3D Addon Organizer by Lorbi-Si
wenmel01

Post by wenmel01 »

Hello fellow Prepar3d pilots. My name is Wendell and I just wanted to share with you the frustration of these sudden frame rate drops and stuttering problems that has been occurring since 5.3 had been released. I have been looking at all causes and did not have much success until I noticed that every time the framrates dropped and the stuttering begins, I have noticed that my hard drive light stays on as if the program was searching or just hanging. After trying by the book to uninstall and remove all directories associated with Prepare3d 5.3 hf2 and reinstalling, I still ran into the same stuttering problems. After investigating the HDD light staying on during the performance drop, I started looking more at the hardware side and came to a startling conclusion. I had my Prepare3d installed on my M2 Slot SSD Drive. I did this because it performed so well on the SSD drive until I installed the 5.3.updates. So I installed Prepar3d 5.3 hf2 on my 5tb 7200rpm hard drive and the stuttering and FPS drops have completely stopped. After installing on my regular hard drive, I completed many flights without any performance problems. I believe that there is some sort of issue with Prepar3d 5.3 and ssd hard drives. At first I thought that my ssd card was damage, but I ran test and it was perfectly fine. I can't say that everyone is having the same problem that I was having, but give it a try for those who have Prepar3d installed on a SSD drive. Install Prepar3d 5.3 hf2 on a regular hard drive and see if that fixes the outrageous stutters and fps drops. Good luck and Easy Flying!
maxibk

Post by maxibk »

wenmel01 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:59 am Hello fellow Prepar3d pilots. My name is Wendell and I just wanted to share with you the frustration of these sudden frame rate drops and stuttering problems that has been occurring since 5.3 had been released. I have been looking at all causes and did not have much success until I noticed that every time the framrates dropped and the stuttering begins, I have noticed that my hard drive light stays on as if the program was searching or just hanging. After trying by the book to uninstall and remove all directories associated with Prepare3d 5.3 hf2 and reinstalling, I still ran into the same stuttering problems. After investigating the HDD light staying on during the performance drop, I started looking more at the hardware side and came to a startling conclusion. I had my Prepare3d installed on my M2 Slot SSD Drive. I did this because it performed so well on the SSD drive until I installed the 5.3.updates. So I installed Prepar3d 5.3 hf2 on my 5tb 7200rpm hard drive and the stuttering and FPS drops have completely stopped. After installing on my regular hard drive, I completed many flights without any performance problems. I believe that there is some sort of issue with Prepar3d 5.3 and ssd hard drives. At first I thought that my ssd card was damage, but I ran test and it was perfectly fine. I can't say that everyone is having the same problem that I was having, but give it a try for those who have Prepar3d installed on a SSD drive. Install Prepar3d 5.3 hf2 on a regular hard drive and see if that fixes the outrageous stutters and fps drops. Good luck and Easy Flying!
Hi Wendell!
Did a troubleshooting at my friends PC.
He had the same problem after the HF2 like you, that the stuttering wasn´t solved after the last HF.
I completely unistalled his 5.3HF2 from the M2 drive and installed a fresh 5.3HF2 on his "old" SATA HDD (7200rpm) with result, that the stutters are completely gone. Thanks for the hint! It´s butter smooth now.
Bozo92

Post by Bozo92 »

After 30+ hours of flying in v5.3 over 10 separate sessions using PMDG, FSLabs etc. I can confirm that HF2 has fixed the sudden/permanent FPS loss/freezing which was plaguing v5.3, HF1 and HF1.1

By far the most stable and best performing P3D version to date. Thank you to the P3D devs for fixing this and chapeau!
5a_49_4f_4e

Post by 5a_49_4f_4e »

Just wanted to report here for the developers of P3D that I'm still having periodic appearing stutters in the newest version of P3D v5 (v5.3.17.28160).

The stutter appears mostly at cruise altitude and lasts for about 10-20 seconds then goes back to fluid performance. In the moment of stutter the simulator is unusable with a framerate of around 0.5 to 3 fps, further my GPU and CPU usage drops to almost 0 %. I checked my system for Thermal Throttling but everything is fine. Stutter periods are very severe and frequent over land areas.

If you need more information about the issue and what I already tried to solve it please look through this thread on Avsim where it's described very detailed:
--> https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6134 ... own-cause/

Thanks to the developers for looking into the issue! :)

Kind regards
Adrian

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 AMP!
64 GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung M.2 EVO SSD, 2 TB
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi Adrian,

As I mentioned in a duplicate topic you posted here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=144657

You may want to read all of this topic.

P3D staff replied (more than once as I recall) in this P3D forum topic requesting specific information from any users having the problem(s).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)