Zoom with mouse wheel in P3D v4.5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
waltch

Zoom with mouse wheel in P3D v4.5

Post by waltch »

Hello
I am using Prepar3d version 4.5.
Unfortunately I cannot use my mouse wheel for zooming the view in the cockpit.
I searched this problem in the forum and saw that some other postings are referring to this too.
However, it was suggested to check and to click the "Enable Advanced Mouse Controls" in the "Other Control" menu.

I also find this menu but I have no option to enable advanced mouse controls. Is this only available in Prepar3d version 5?

How can do this in version 4.5? Strangly the mouse wheel works fine for adjusting knobs in the cockpit.
I am running P3D v4.5 on Windows 10 and my other hardware are the Thrustmaster Airbus Sidestick and throttles and the PC Products pedals.

thanks
Walter
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Zoom with mouse wheel in P3D v4.5

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Walter,

Advanced mouse controls are a new feature unique to v5. Are you able to zoom using the mouse wheel if you hold down the space bar? Also mouse zoom can be toggled on and off by pressing shift + O.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ waltch
Walter,

In addition to Rob's information post.

Just to verify you are not using viewing software e.g., EZdok , Chaseplane etc. ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
waltch

Post by waltch »

Thanks for your feedback and help.
1) no, I am not using any viewing software.
2) Just checked out Rob's suggestions. Yes, when holding down the spacebar, I can move the view when moving the mouse and also the zoom function works. Also the shift + O function works (mouse pointer becomes cross).

I tried also in the axis assignments (for "mouse look") where I find the up/down and left/right assigned to the view direction. At the bottom of the list there is also the "view zoom" function, but I cannot assign the the mouse wheel there (also not when pressing space bar and moving the wheel).

Anyhow, I am glad I can now at least work with pressing down the space bar.
Walter
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Walter,

Thanks for confirming, it sounds like things are working as expected. In versions prior to v5 holding the space bar is required to zoom with the mouse.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead