Unstable 2D windows

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
miraclemax

Unstable 2D windows

Post by miraclemax »

Please do something about unstable 2d windows (e.g FMC and associated context menus). I use two monitors; one for VC and a smaller one for 2 FMC's. After undocking, trying to move them to second monitor causes them to go black. Right clicking brings them back but the context menu comes up somewhere on the main monitor instead of near the FMC that was Right-clicked. It is impossible to select anything in said menu. I usually lock the window in place, but that cannot be done for whatever reason; in fact, all selections in above context menus are not selectable.

Win10 is U2D and Nvidia drivers have been updated using DDU in safe mode. I always run P3D5.2 in full screen mode.

These windows have always been a little squirrelly in P5 but now, in P5.2 they are unusable.

Thanks.
Martyson

Re: Unstable 2D windows

Post by Martyson »

@ miraclemax ,

Which aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

All aircraft. QWS 787; PMDG 777, 747; AS Airbuses and default A/C. I did not check all of the default ones.
Thanks
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

By the way, if I move 2D window back to main monitor, the context menu works again, i.e. I can select 'lock' and the little box fills-in.

Just now did this again with F35 default flt; couldn't get context menu (for radio stack) to show anywhere with window on second monitor.
If I right click on stack when on #2 monitor, it goes black; if I left click on where the window should be it comes back into view.
Thanks and Rgds
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

Further testing revealed similar symptoms on 3 aircraft with a 4th being slightly different.

The aircraft checked were default F35, PMDG 747, Aerosoft airbuses and Quality Wings 787.

The F35, Airbuses and 787 reacted in the following ways:
1) A right click on the frame of the FMC/MCDU made the window go black. A left click would bring it back into view.
2) A right click in the center of the window or, in the case of the F35, in the frequency windows of the radio stack would bring the context menu up normally. I was then able to click 'lock' and the little square would be filled in.

On the PMDG 747 FMC this method did not work regardless where I right-clicked.

Thanks and regards.
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

got the pmdg 747-8 window mentioned abv to lock by right clicking in far upper left corner of fmc on 2nd monitor. menu showed up in proper place and was able to use it properly.
thanks