Trying to find setting for stuttering problem

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Louis8

Trying to find setting for stuttering problem

Post by Louis8 »

There has to be some kind of a setting to fix this annoying problem .I'm pretty well loaded up with the Global and Vector Orbs products, and when I go into these heavy loaded place like Fsdream Team Vancouver or Memphis,Kord for examples, she starts to buck a bit and pause and loads up . I thought I was running a pretty good rig - P3D 4.5 - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X8-core processor- - 4.20 GHz -installed memory (RAM) 64.0 G - GTX1080Ti ,windows 10 with 461 .92 drivers. I don't have affinity mask ,tried a few settings but didn't really see any difference. P3d Conf. file is pretty well stock no teaks. Here's my settings , what setting do you think would maybe help it ?, I did lots of searching but nothing seems to help . thanks Louis

Display:
FXAA off   
AA:  8XSSAA
texture filtering: anisotropic  8X
texture resolution: high 2048x2048
Vsync  on triple Buff- ticked
Anisotropic 16x
Target framerate: unlimited
Wideview aspect: off
mipmap VC panels off
Screen resolution:  2560x1440x32

World
LOD radius:  high
Tesselation factor: Med
mesh resolution:  5m
texture resolution:  60cm
high resolution terrain ticked
Scenery complexity: very dense
autogen draw distance:  medium
autogen vegetation density: normal
autogen building density: dense
Dynamic vegetation: unticked
Water detail: med
HDR lights Not ticked
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Re: Trying to find setting for stuttering problem

Post by Martyson »

@ Louis8 ,

What did your Add-on developers say?

Which aircraft?

Weather Program?

Moving Maps?

ATC in use?

AI Traffic, default or payware?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

I thought i laid out a pretty good description but along comes Vaughan and i need more, ha just having fun . I run pretty well all PMDG active sky and pretty well always on V-pilot, all ai traffic is right off , no for moving maps i put in Orbx Volenta lately but it was a problem all long before Volenta if this all helps .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Louis,

You might start by limiting your target frame rate to 30, and then add an Affinity Mask in prepar3d.cfg, using this calculator for the value:

https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.asp ... m=utilties

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Ok Jorgen ,I'll give it a try now i set mask at 256
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Not much luck there Jorgen , tried 256 -14 -16 . Either the aircraft wouldn't load up or the GTN 750 would load what i wanted it to, such as going to the flight plan page, limiting the frames is some thing even in the FSX days never had any luck with, seems unlimited was the only thing that works. .Man there has to be a setting to cure this problem .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Louis8, what refresh rate is your monitor set to? If 60Hz then with Vsync enabled the graphics card is working flat out to achieve it.

My BenQ supports 30Hz so if yours does try that. It halves the workload of the GPU and also the CPU. Only the better monitors support 30Hz which is why they’re a good choice for flight sims.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

I have 2 monitors a BenQ 60HZ no other choice and a Asus 33in. is my main and same thing 60HZ and yes, Vsync was ticked so I unticked it and will try that. Don't have anything to support 30Hz, and Nvidia i don't have active . Thanks I didn't know that .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Louis, check you have the monitor driver installed. In Device Manager under display make sure it says BenQ and not compatible monitor.

You could try a custom resolution in Nvidia. You didn't say what resolution you use on your primary monitor.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

My 32in. Asus is 2048x1440x32 set in the sim -high as it can go , the BenQ resolution is 1920x1080x32 is placed directly above my main Asus monitor ,resolution high as it can go also and I place Active Sky -Vpilot -acars- team speak and what ever else on it. Opening up Device Manager -Control Panel -Monitors-- one says BenQ GL2450 and the other does not say Asus ,it says Generic PnPMonitor ,when I hit Update driver it says "best drivers already installed" .So that's all I got for you Ray .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Hi Louis, go to the Asus website and search for drivers for your model of monitor. Download the file - it might be a zip or exe - and if an exe then run it.

If it’s a zip then unzip the file and go back to Device Manager and choose update driver. Point it to the unzipped file. You should then have all the resolutions and refresh rates the monitor can support. If there’s a 2048x1440 30Hz option then try that.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Not ignoring you ,just still trying to hunt down the driver if any, keep getting sent from one place to the next .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Louis8 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:11 pm Not ignoring you ,just still trying to hunt down the driver if any, keep getting sent from one place to the next .
As I don't know your model number try this official Asus site. https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
Ray (Cheshire, England).

Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Finally found this, from March 31 2016 1.1.1.1.------the one i have now is 10.0.119.488 even though it tells me I have the latest up date. Thing is it's a EXE and I can't seem to point it to the exe . should I just let the EXE do it's thing?
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Louis8 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:15 pm Finally found this, from March 31 2016 1.1.1.1.------the one i have now is 10.0.119.488 even though it tells me I have the latest up date. Thing is it's a EXE and I can't seem to point it to the exe . should I just let the EXE do it's thing?
What is the name of the EXE and where did you get it from? It would help if you told me the exact make and model of your monitor.
Ray (Cheshire, England).