P3D v5 parkings & taxiway markings

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
samulias

P3D v5 parkings & taxiway markings

Post by samulias »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been already asked, have tried to search for an answer but with no luck.

I am quite new to p3d and have been using v5 for a short while now, and I realized that I have a very limited amount of parking positions available for default airports, generally not even named as they should be.
Apparently totally different to p3d v4.

Also noticed that except for runway designator boards, there are no taxiway markings at all, so I am unable to identify the taxiway I am on or turning into... (no markings on the ground nor any sign boards)

Again, I am refering to default airports only.

Is that standard in p3d v5? Or am I missing something

Thanks for your help.

Samuli
dshef

Re: P3D v5 parkings & taxiway markings

Post by dshef »

samulias

Post by samulias »

Exactly... those taxiway boards are missing in many airports.

I have been checking and can see that some of the default airports that I have been checking do have signs, like LFPG, EFRO, EHAM, EKCH

But in so many more there might only have the holding point RWY signs or maybe no boards at all... as example I have checked, LEAL, LEBL, LEBB, LECU, EFKU, EFTU...

Just to be more specific, the taxiway centrelines are present in all airports, what is missing is the taxiway signs.

When it comes to stands one example is LEAL, I have just a few parking stands, and seems to be that in P3D v4 is having more options and the real stand numbers (have been comparing with a friend that owns P3D 4).

Just would like to know if this is normal or is there something I need ti continue investigating?

Thank you for your help!
dshef

Post by dshef »

You're welcome! I looked at LEAL in P3D v5 Academic and P3D v4. 5 Professional. The screenshots show that there are no signs in Academic, but there are signs in Prof.

Prepar3D v5 Academic:

Prepar3D v4.5 Professional:
samulias

Post by samulias »

Thanks!

Had a chat with a friend that owns the P3D 4.5 academic and he checked same airports, and they also have the signs...

I hope developers will add those signs in P3D v5.1 in next HF.

Thanks again!
dshef

Post by dshef »

I see, thank you!
Good luck!
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Hi, thanks for reporting on this, i'll investigate further on those taxiway signs. We are working on adding more parking spots back in the future too!
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

Max Perry wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:19 pm Hi, thanks for reporting on this, i'll investigate further on those taxiway signs. We are working on adding more parking spots back in the future too!
How far in the future (hint, hint) :)
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
samulias

Post by samulias »

Thank you very much Max for your answer!

I would really appreciate that, hope that we will be able to see the missing taxiway signs and realistic parking positions in a near future!