Sure getting tired of tweaking

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Louis8

Sure getting tired of tweaking

Post by Louis8 »

When my friend talked me into buying the FSDreamTeam CYVR airport when i had FSX i knew right then and there that FSX days were over , and bought a 2TB SSD and got it slapped into a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 190x8 core processor with 64 gigs of ram @4.20 GHZ. My down fall might be a GTX 1060 with 6 Gigs of ram is why i'm basically posting here .I've watched countless videos, tweak and tweak till blue in the face and this thing is not all that good ,and going in to Vancouver the airport on approach looks like a mud ball till i get closer. I've tried every setting they say and some are in total opposite of what the next guy says and i'm at my wits end with all this. It it my graphic card you think? cause its got to be better then this ----Louis
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Re: Sure getting tired of tweaking

Post by Martyson »

Louis8 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:28 pm When my friend talked me into buying the FSDreamTeam CYVR airport when i had FSX i knew right then and there that FSX days were over , and bought a 2TB SSD and got it slapped into a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 190x8 core processor with 64 gigs of ram @4.20 GHZ. My down fall might be a GTX 1060 with 6 Gigs of ram is why i'm basically posting here .I've watched countless videos, tweak and tweak till blue in the face and this thing is not all that good ,and going in to Vancouver the airport on approach looks like a mud ball till i get closer. I've tried every setting they say and some are in total opposite of what the next guy says and i'm at my wits end with all this. It it my graphic card you think? cause its got to be better then this ----Louis
FSDT KJFKv2 : this is what I see on approach (GTX960 4GB).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Well Vaughan, i might of found some of the problem.Last week Windows 10 have a big update with new platform and after that i noticed a little bit of artifacts in my scenery and checking it out it appears that redoing your graffic card drivers cured the problem , so i had 425 drivers and updated them to 430 just now following Nick's bible document, and going in and out of CYVR seems way way better. Still some shimmies going on far ahead but but i'll keep tweaking and see what happens .. man these things are like the ol' Harley's, drive an hour and repair for 2 -----Louis
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Louis8 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 pm Well Vaughan, i might of found some of the problem.Last week Windows 10 have a big update with new platform and after that i noticed a little bit of artifacts in my scenery and checking it out it appears that redoing your graffic card drivers cured the problem , so i had 425 drivers and updated them to 430 just now following Nick's bible document, and going in and out of CYVR seems way way better. Still some shimmies going on far ahead but but i'll keep tweaking and see what happens .. man these things are like the ol' Harley's, drive an hour and repair for 2 -----Louis
I have Nvidia 430.86

I do not do tweeks e.g., Nick's stuff.

On approach it looks like a good airport ahead, then the airport area turns black, then the whole airport / runways turns to mud until I land then it looks better.

Other scenery areas remain good / in focus during the entire approach.

Only having the problem with FSDT airports.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Isn't that interesting , i thought this product was supposed to be the cats meow , i'm kinda seeing the same thing as you
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta