[RESOLVED] Terrain Loading Hanging 43%

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
JohnDH1977

[RESOLVED] Terrain Loading Hanging 43%

Post by JohnDH1977 »

I don't know if anyone has had this issue, but it has never happend to me until tonight. I was flying over eastern Canada and for some reason the terrain decides to load/reload at some random moment. This happens sometimes and passes with just a quick flash of a fraction of a second usually and no problem. Just now it got stuck at 43% and would not go on any further. The sim had not crashed because it was still running in taskmanager normally. The only way to reset the sim was to end the task in the taskmanager. Another lost flight.. Another evening gone without a succesful flight completed. If this has been already fixed I would appriciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Poppet

Re: Terrain Loading Hanging 43%

Post by Poppet »

Hello John

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum.

Have a look at the topic below, Maybe this will help

Let us know how you get on

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5144 ... rain-data/
JohnDH1977

Post by JohnDH1977 »

Thanks, I will try that. I hear a lot of possible suspects as to the cause of many users crashes flying westbound over eastern Canada. I am wondering if it has something to do with FSUIPC and the half hour difference. If you have it set to keep it synced to the minute, would it not create issues if the clock then jumps ahead 30 minutes? I am going to try a few things and wil let you know. Thanks

John
JohnDH1977

Post by JohnDH1977 »

Completed EGLL to KORD tonight. This is what I did.

Uncheck "Use system time for flights"in FSUIPC
Check "Keep FS clock sync'd" and under "Also minutes if within this number" I enter 35
Normal preflight including pushback with GSX.
Restart and rebuild airport cachhe in couatl after pushback completes and GSX groundcrew chief disappears at end of animation.

As I approached 055W at NEEKO I noticed the sky textures change. I never noticed that before. Then just after NEEKO the clock suddenly reset minus 1 hour (2127z to 2027z) and all the scenery and textures reloaded. I had not expected the clock to jump like that so I reset it back to 2127Z and again everything reloaded and no further issues. I managed to complete the flight and it felt good.

I figured everyone will have their FSUIPC or FSRealtime set to keep the clock synched to within 1 minute or whatever default value is set for any given module.It is 5 minutes for FSUIPC. I am guessing for some reason as we approach this special time zone in Canada, if you have your clock sync set to keep the minutes synched, then when the sim wants to change the minutes, fsuipc says nuh-uh and takes a dump. The sim wants to change 30 minutes and the synching doesnt allow it. I noticed on the flight I had a CTD the ground textures were not loading so this made me think that with the time zone and fsuipc and couatl and scenery loading at some point you just get a CTD. It reminded me of the OOM crashes I sometimes got on my old pc back n FS9.

Not sure if this is a fix but I guess it is what I will have to do on westbound pondhops. Hopefully it is not just a one off. I am wondering if there is not some way to exclude that timezone or something like that would help. Is it really that important to have this particular timezone (if this is really the cause that is) if it causes so many issues out there in FS world?

Hope this helps end some frustration out there.

Cheers

John
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello John

That's good news, Thank you for updating the topic