Sound Clipping/Skipping

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
nchirico

Sound Clipping/Skipping

Post by nchirico »

Hi there,

I somewhat recently put P3D v4.2 on Windows 10. Initially I wasn't having issues, but when I started using some of the more hi fidelity addons (PMDG, etc) I started noticing some sound clipping or skipping. I will start out on the ground and it will be less noticeable, but once I'm in the air, it sounds like the sound is temporarily cutting out and this will happen a couple of times a minute. I use a headset with an onboard DAC and I also still have my drivers that came with my motherboard installed, but they are disabled. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Noah
Hawaiianstyle78

Re: Sound Clipping/Skipping

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

yes I have same problem. anyone know what this is? my aircraft are on the tarmac ready to taxi and sound keeps ticking every 5 seconds. Its annoying. Happening with all aircraft default and payware. Its annoying. Cant seem to figure what it is . anyone have any clues.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm yes I have same problem. anyone know what this is? my aircraft are on the tarmac ready to taxi and sound keeps ticking every 5 seconds. Its annoying. Happening with all aircraft default and payware. Its annoying. Cant seem to figure what it is . anyone have any clues.
Are you using a headset like the OP?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Hawaiianstyle78

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

using soundblaster Rage Tactic 3d wireless. popping is so annoying . I hear it through my desktop Bose speakers too
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hawaiianstyle78 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:53 pm using soundblaster Rage Tactic 3d wireless. popping is so annoying . I hear it through my desktop Bose speakers too
I use a SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card in a desktop PC and Soundblaster Fury headset (USB) without problems.

I can also just use my Logitech speakers (basic $10 ones) connected to my SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card without any problems.

I am using Win7-64 Pro and P3Dv4.3.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ichiro Kawashima

Post by Ichiro Kawashima »

Hello.

Have you originally installed Windows 10? Is it an upgrade from Windows 7 etc? Is it DSP version (for self-made machines)?
nchirico

Post by nchirico »

Hi,

I did not upgrade to Windows 10 from 7. It was a clean install. I have a Sennheiser PC373D that I use with the built in sound card that it comes with.

-Noah
RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday »

Just a long shot. In my experience messing about with affinity mask, or switching out cores in task manager can cause malfunction of sound reproduction. My suspicion is that sound modules try to load in preference onto specific cores (in my case core 1) and restricting use of this or other cores causes conflict and hence poor sound playback. I don't touch affinity mask. I use task manager to temporarily deny p3d access to core 0 while it loads up, then switch core 0 back on line before running sim. Sound and visuals (including autogen) run sweet and smooth.

Regards RT.
Ichiro Kawashima

Post by Ichiro Kawashima »

If you were a BTO, I think that it is best to listen to PC makers there.
nchirico

Post by nchirico »

Hi,

I haven't touched my affinity mask or anything in my config.

-Noah