Feedback P3D V4.3

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
aceridgey

Feedback P3D V4.3

Post by aceridgey »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to write in and say excellent job with 4.3. The performance improvement is definitely noticeable and compared to 5-7 years ago, leaps and bounds ahead. We're really spoilt. Thank you for your excellent work in this area.

One bug at the moment (which is showing in the FSL A320) is a horizontal shadow line 15% from the bottom of the vc window in sunlight. May be for them to sort, may be from 4.3 but it wasn't there in 4.2.

My main wishlist is actually how speed is perceived int he sim. Going through clouds still feels like it's in slow motion, and any work on that area would be extremely appreciated.

Alex
MachTwo

Re: Feedback P3D V4.3

Post by MachTwo »

One bug at the moment (which is showing in the FSL A320) is a horizontal shadow line 15% from the bottom of the vc window in sunlight. May be for them to sort, may be from 4.3 but it wasn't there in 4.2.

It's also an issue on the default aircraft in v4.3, including the CH53 and the new C130.

Post by 238932 »

I can confirm that, hoping for a hotfix.
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Sorry, not to criticize, but no one of the 4.3 beta testers realized about this very visible issue? I hope in a quick hotfix, otherwise v4.3 is no go...
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Does this issue appear without any add-ons installed? Are your drivers up-to-date?

We are not seeing this issue on any in-house computers. Can you also list your computer specs?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Post by 238932 »

My specs :

Windows 10 | Intel core i7 7700K 4.2 GHz @ 4.58 | 32Go RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | 1To SSD

I'll try tonight disabling any add ons I have ( orbx global and vector , ASP4 )

I didn't install the drivers that came out yesterday but another user had the same problem with them installed.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

If the previous suggestions don't work, can you go through the general debugging steps and let us know if the problem still exists?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
MachTwo

Post by MachTwo »

Hi Brady,

For me, KVPS RWY19 @ Noon, Fair Weather scenario. The viewing angle plays a role, as does time of day.

We have a repo case here with our aircraft. Happy to work with your team directly to find a resolution.
Andrew Wilson
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
---------------------------
www.flightsimlabs.com
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

I tried to repro by moving around the camera postion/viewing angle at the time/date/location that was specified with the CH-53. I'm unable to repro the issue on a default installation of Prepar3d. Are the default textures being modified by an add-on? Did you delete your generated files?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler

Post by 238932 »

I tried the troubleshooting steps in the link given, it heped but it sstill there albeit much less visible. (hard to see when static but much more obvious when rolling down the runway)

P3D v4.3
win 10 latest updates
Orbx vector and global, fsuipc, asp4, BVAI, fslabs a320, QW 787, aerosoft EDDF and ENVA flytampa EKCH and EHAM , T2G LFPG
geforce 1080Ti, i7 7700K , 32Gb ram
displays: 1benq XL2730Z @ 2560x1440, 1 dell S2309 @ 1920x1080
1 saitek av8r joystick, pro flight quadrant and pro rudder pedals
No OC or nvidia inspector

activating windshield effect help reduce the effect but its still there.

The effect is only visible in VC not in external view and on the windows. If I open the windows in fslabs a320 the veil disapears.
Ralgh

Post by Ralgh »

I am seeing this too. I have been able to reproduce it a couple times. When the plane loads it is not there. I was flying the FSL A320 from Flightbeam KPHX. I used GSX to push back and right as the tug started to drive away it would appear. That was repeatable. I tried using the default pushback and this happened about half way through the pushback. I ran out of time to keep testing so I was unable to try more things. The one thing I am seeing that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that it is not there when I initially load the plane. It only appears later on.
Tom Landry
mopperle

Post by mopperle »

Tried it with various aircraft (default, addon) and could not reproduce it. Maybe a setting issue, I had DL and HDR turned on and also turned off, no difference.
Thanks
Otto
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Is this experienced by those who updated *only* CLIENT or also by those who updated CONTENT as well?
Ralgh

Post by Ralgh »

I've seen it reported by both people who just did the Client update and those who did Client and Content.
Tom Landry
aceridgey

Post by aceridgey »

Hello,

OP here, well this thread is busy.

Please Lockheed staff, don't let this distract from the excellent work you've done with performance and dynamic lighting. Really excellent stuff.

So for me, i have a 1080ti, ssd's and 6700k. P3d on it's own ssd.
I uninstalled client (from 4.2) installed client.. I then uninstalled content, and reinstalled content. (Haven't done content since 4.0).

This grey 'shadow' during daytime appeared in certain directions, so if i did a 360 in the sunshine on a taxiway, it would come and go..

I've just updated to the very latest nvidia drivers and i'll report back if I no longer see this issue.

p.s i have just installed PTA (which i didn't have at time of writing the topic post)

Kind regards,
Alex

EDIT

I made you guys a video because I am so helpful...... This was taken a moment ago, so post PTA and new GPU drivers etc.
https://youtu.be/PpE7A6eaDiM

-

-