P3Dv4.2 doesn't recognize AS16

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Shaun Huband

P3Dv4.2 doesn't recognize AS16

Post by Shaun Huband »

Hello,

I am running P3Dv4.2, Active Sky 16 for P3Dv4.2, ASCA, and other addons. AS16 and P3D used to communicate just fine until I tried to run AS16 via a network configuration.

I tried to run AS16 and ASCA from a client machine. I followed the directions carefully but couldn't get it to work. I abandoned this effort and decided to go back to AS16 and ASCA running on my main server machine, which is where P3Dv4.2 is installed. I worked backwards to undo all the changes I had made to run AS16 on the networked configuration.

Now, P3Dv4.2 won't recognize AS16 as a weather option. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both P3D (client only) and AS16 with no change I've also uninstalled and reinstalled AS Connect and all the Simconnect program, all to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Shaun
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3Dv4.2 doesn't recognize AS16

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Shaun,

Try running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in your installation directory to see if this clears out any bad configuration data. If you're still having issues going through our general debugging steps here may help as well: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead