Prepar3d V5.3 Freezes with Aerosoft aircraft

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
WINDMIL_41

Prepar3d V5.3 Freezes with Aerosoft aircraft

Post by WINDMIL_41 »

Whenever I download an Aerosoft plane for the sim, the sim freezes randomly all the time(every few seconds). I know my computer can handle the planes because I have used these planes for a while and the problem is recent. Now whenever I have an aerosoft plane installed, my simulator gets these freezes with every other aircraft as well. When I do not have them installed i can easily get 30-40 fps on higher graphics with every addon.
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3d V5.3 Freezes with Aerosoft aircraft

Post by JorgenSA »

So, a couple of questions:

1. Have you asked Aerosoft about this?

2. What version of P3D do you have?

3. Your system specifications?

4. This one might be difficult - can you remember when the problem started, and what changed on your computer (or with your P3D installation) at that time?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
mllgrennman

Re: Prepar3d V5.3 Freezes with Aerosoft aircraft

Post by mllgrennman »

Mine does the same exact thing with all AC, even default. It makes the sim unflyable.

It started after I installed ORBX base...Just living without Base is not a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Several others at ORBX report the same.
I'll stick with 4.5 until it gets resolved. 4.5 does not have the issue.