Uninstalling and reinstalling P3D and addons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Falcon613

Uninstalling and reinstalling P3D and addons

Post by Falcon613 »

My initial installation of P3D v4.4 was installed in the default installation folder instead of a custom folder as PMDG recommends to avoid problems resulting from various Windows protection and permission issues forced upon programs placed in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders. I would like to correct this by uninstalling P3D and all addons. I also have installed paid versions of PMDG 737NGX, FSUIPC5, Active Sky and Chase Plane. After encountering additional problems with setting up my ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, I decided that I would like to reinstall PMDG and all of my other aforementioned addons. Before I do that, however, I would like to know if there is a specific order in which I should uninstall the applications and if there is any way to insure after all the uninstalls are done, that they were completed correctly so that I do not encounter any conflicts or problems when I reinstall P3d and the addons?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Uninstalling and reinstalling P3D and addons

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

It's best to contact add-on developers with any specific installation questions. After uninstalling Prepar3D the installation directory should be gone unless add-ons modified core files or added to this directory. If any files are still present in this location after uninstalling these add-ons you may need to reach out to the developers to see if any additional steps are necessary.

Prepar3D will also place generated files in Windows AppData folders. These can all be cleared out by running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in Prepar3D's installation directory. If Prepar3D is already uninstalled and you want to remove the contents of these folders they are located here:
%AppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LocalAppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead