W&B Data of the Aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
BerndB

W&B Data of the Aircraft

Post by BerndB »

Hi P3D Team,
i have a easy and question. I´am wondering where are the actual weights and fuel ammounts are stored in P3D. I always thought, and it seems many others have the same understanding, these are stored in the aicraft.cfg, but that can´t be the case in fact. I´ve cheked the figures in the aircraft.cfg before and after i made changes in the weight and fuel settings for the aircraft and they stay untouched in the cfg file. Data like amount of fuel is not even mentioned in the sections of an aircraft.cfg.
In fact the SDK and Learningcenter isn´t really helpful in getting this explained.

So how is this working in P3D. I guess there must be a temporary cash file where the weights and fuel figures are stored? Am i right?
P3D V6 & 5.4 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbX
alaxus

Re: W&B Data of the Aircraft

Post by alaxus »

The aircraft.cfg is only an initialization file. Its works in conjunction with the aircraft.air file which is a compiled file.
The weights are stored within the application at runtime and written to the *.fxml file when you save the scenario.
You can retrieve the W&B data through simconnect or fsuipc.

What is it that you are wanting to do?
BerndB

Re: W&B Data of the Aircraft

Post by BerndB »

alaxus wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:18 am The aircraft.cfg is only an initialization file. Its works in conjunction with the aircraft.air file which is a compiled file.
The weights are stored within the application at runtime and written to the *.fxml file when you save the scenario.
You can retrieve the W&B data through simconnect or fsuipc.

What is it that you are wanting to do?
Hi Alaxus, thanks for your reply. I just wanted to get the confirmation that these Data are handled within the app, what i´ve already guessed. This is just important for me, because i have a A320 homecockpit and complex software mimic the FMGS systems. In case of tracing issues it´s good to know which data doing what and where.
P3D V6 & 5.4 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbX