Sceneries greyed out in sceneries library ?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fowler

Sceneries greyed out in sceneries library ?

Post by fowler »

Hello can anyone explain the purpose of having greyed out sceneries entries ? It seems they cannot be moved up or down, nor deleted etc correct ?

I assume if you want to do that you have to use a third party scenery app like Lorbi correct ?

At first I thought greyed out sceneries were thoses installed outside the Addon folder, but after checking both the add-ons and the library menu in P3D5 I find multiple greyed out entries where the add-ons menu show them in the addon folder, and sometime other greyed out are installed in another folder so this doesn't seem to be the explanation.

BTW the whole addon is a mess with some installers I wanted to use a dedicated drive for P3D addons and I have now sceneries everywhere, mostly in the My Document folder where someone created an addon folder.

I am seriously tempted to desinstall all that mess and reinstall and paying the most attention to use one folder only for all addon's.

What is the best strategy to locate your addon's installation ?

Thanks
JorgenSA

Re: Sceneries greyed out in sceneries library ?

Post by JorgenSA »

Use a scenery management tool, like the free Lorby SI Add-on Organizer.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Where can you get this Add on manager. I'm having the same issue discussed here.
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Disregard, I found it and it did the trick.