Entry Point not found - GFSDK_Aftermath_EnableGpuCrashDumps

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
atsushi

Entry Point not found - GFSDK_Aftermath_EnableGpuCrashDumps

Post by atsushi »

Hi all,

I have recently moved house and tried to open P3Dv5 for the first time since moving. On opening I receive the error entitled Prepar3d.exe - Entry Point Not Found', 'The procedure entry point GFSDK_Aftermath_EnableGpuCrashDumps could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Prepar3d v5zg2d.dll'

I have searched forums but can't seem to get a concrete answer. Can anyone help?
KevinKaessmann

Re: Entry Point not found - GFSDK_Aftermath_EnableGpuCrashDumps

Post by KevinKaessmann »

With the Nsight Aftermath library, a crash of the "game" will result in a minidump. It has to be integrated in the application, means: by LM in P3D, see
https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-aftermath

The library creates minidumps "when a TDR or exception occurs", so your message "The procedure entry point GFSDK_Aftermath_EnableGpuCrashDumps could not be located" looks as a follow-on of either a TDR or another exception
but not as the initial error.

A TDR is a "Timeout Detection & Recovery" error, meaning: your graphics card doesn't give a response to Windows for some seconds.

That leads to the well-known "DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG" message, search for that in this forum or in Google and you'll find many websites - not only P3D but other graphics applications.

Maybe you try to increase slightly the registry parameters TdrDelay and/or TdrDdiDelay from their default TdrDelay=2 and TdrDdiDelay=5 (number of seconds), so your graphics card gets more time to stay under water in heavy calculations - or simply reduce the P3D slider settings ?