MOD: EA desaturation during twilight and more

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hotbso

MOD: EA desaturation during twilight and more

Post by hotbso »

This mod focuses on desaturation (and "de-yellowing/-greening") of the EA atmosphere (haze, clouds + fog) during twilight but keeping brightness as is for a balanced viewing experience.
In addition it reduces haze in the near (daytime as well) and gets rids of the thick brown horizon when looking onto a low visibility layer from above.

Some variables are easily accessible for tweaking in FuncLibrary.fxh

Code: Select all

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// tweakable parameters
// p3d default would be very value ~ 1.0
// values are a balanced default, changes +- 0.3 should work

// .._saturation is value to reach at sun rise/set, 

// sky haze saturation
static const float EAtd_sky_saturation = 0.6;

// clouds in general
static const float EAtd_cloud_saturation = 0.6;

// near clouds
static const float EAtd_cloud_diffuse_saturation = 0.5;

// amount of haze in the near
static const float EAtd_near_haze = 0.7;

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you own the RDShade product you can get additional tweaks by using the preset hotbso-EA-tds.ini prior to copying over the shaders.
If you don't have RDShade I highly recommend to incorporate the "dark cockpit patch" to be found elsewhere on this forum.

The latest version of the mod is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thanks to contributors of https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=144145 for giving ideas how to address this problem.

Darren Howie

Re: MOD: EA desaturation during twilight and more

Post by Darren Howie »

Nice increase in saturation thanks. Looking forward to seeing where LM takes EA just like all good things it takes time!! Thanks for the work.
pestridge77

Re: MOD: EA desaturation during twilight and more

Post by pestridge77 »

In the pictures I see your using the legacy clouds. So you have Volumetric Clouds turned OFF?

Is this tweak designed to work with Volumetric Clouds turned ON as well?

I only ask cuz in the first sentence of your post you state: "This mod focuses on desaturation (and "de-yellowing/-greening") of the EA atmosphere (haze, clouds + fog)"

Volumetric Clouds and the static textures of the legacy clouds, both the sky colour and clouds are handled very differently depending if EA or Volumetric Clouds are turned ON.

Can this ONLY be used with full TrueSky or the combi version you have in the pics?
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)