Loading times very long. Stuck at 6% for almost 35mins

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
arclight

Loading times very long. Stuck at 6% for almost 35mins

Post by arclight »

First I will say I do have a lot of photo realistic scenery and I understand that this can take some time to load but I never experienced this with 5.2 it being stuck at 6% for 35 mins and taking over an hour to just to get into the flight. Did something change with 5.3 hf1? Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Arclight

Specs
I9 9900K
Nvidia 2080ti
32 gb ram
pestridge77

Re: Loading times very long. Stuck at 6% for almost 35mins

Post by pestridge77 »

arclight wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:45 pm First I will say I do have a lot of photo realistic scenery and I understand that this can take some time to load but I never experienced this with 5.2 it being stuck at 6% for 35 mins and taking over an hour to just to get into the flight. Did something change with 5.3 hf1? Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Arclight

Specs
I9 9900K
Nvidia 2080ti
32 gb ram
That sounds to me like your Scenery.cfg or your terrain.cfg is nuked.... I would delete the scenery.cfg and re-add all your scenery to the library, start the sim, close it down, delete the indexes and start again.. it might take awhile on the first load through, but once the indexes have been built, it should only take about 5 minutes to get you into the sim.. do you untick all the scenery layers that you dont use in a single flight? I recommend doing that as well.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
arclight

Re: Loading times very long. Stuck at 6% for almost 35mins

Post by arclight »

Thanks pestridge7!

I will do as advised. Appreciate the feedback and advice!! All the best to you!

Arclight