CTD when selecting "motion blur"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Blaunarwal

CTD when selecting "motion blur"

Post by Blaunarwal »

The sim was full loaded when I tried the setting motion blur, after clicking ok was back on the desktop.

Restart the sim, came to the settings menu, choose my flight and started, another CTD. No i disabled Motionblur in the prepar3d.cfg.

I use the latest Nvidia driver 497.09. Could it be, Motionblur doesn´t like DSR settings?

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Blaunarwal

Re: CTD when selecting "motion blur"

Post by Blaunarwal »

Also DSR disabled, Motionblur leads to black screen, hourglas for 2 seconds, then desktop.
I got a protocol this time

Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0000005, Ausnahmeadresse 00007FF9134A98BD

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 5.3.12.28072, Zeitstempel: 0x61a546ea
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: g2d.dll, Version: 5.3.12.28072, Zeitstempel: 0x61a54682
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000001298bd
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3850
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7e9207a7cbe67
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\g2d.dll
Berichtskennung: 3b25090f-62e7-44f8-833a-ead5373a9254
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

It would be very nice, if LM staff could explain here, what maybe conflicting with the "Motionblur" setting. I never had a GUI setting causing a CTD before. So please, what does it change, what are the hardware demands for this?

Do you other users use it? Does it work or crash the sim? What is the visual benefit?

Regards

Dan
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you seeing this on a clean installation? Does it happen with all aircraft? Motion blur will add a blur effect around objects that is mainly visible when quickly moving the camera.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:25 pm Hello,

Are you seeing this on a clean installation? Does it happen with all aircraft? Motion blur will add a blur effect around objects that is mainly visible when quickly moving the camera.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I have not set up a vanilla system to test at the moment. I have all my addons installed for long time.

Maybe I install P3D5.3 without any addons using my second activation on my older system, which has 4 cores at 4.2 GHz, another GPU RTX2080. So it will be not a direct comparison. How about a test mode, LM could create booting the sim only with default content?

I will try with another plane of course. Would that mean, only default planes and a few others are ready for motion blur?

Regards
Dan
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dan,

Most likely different aircraft won't have any impact on this, it's mainly to rule out specific add-ons. If you run the "Delete generated files" shortcut in the Prepar3D installation directory it will force configuration files to be regenerated from scratch. This is a good starting point when diagnosing issues but will also impact add-ons.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:10 pm Hi Dan,

Most likely different aircraft won't have any impact on this, it's mainly to rule out specific add-ons. If you run the "Delete generated files" shortcut in the Prepar3D installation directory it will force configuration files to be regenerated from scratch. This is a good starting point when diagnosing issues but will also impact add-ons.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob
Delete generated files is a massive tool for brain surgery. I prefer the logical way. First think, then cut. I have to many addons and time spent to install, to just skip them. Then I rather don´t use the option since it is just more economical.
Regards
Dan
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

P.S. The tip with the aircraft was right. I started with default flight and F-35. Motionblur activated, everything fine. Change to a freeware Lookheed Neptune, no problem. Then I choose the Ctrl Ezy IA-58 Pucara and the sim crashed. I have to add here, I modified the model, so it is not clear if the standard model makes the sim crash in conjuction with motion blur. So other users of this plane may not encounter it. I think I can live without motionblur, but not without the Pucara, at least for now.
vtracy

Post by vtracy »

A few weeks ago, I had the same effect:
Clean P3Dv5.2 install, ORBX GEN/GES, UK South, several small airstrips by Aerosoft and simmershome.
Installed A2A Bonanza V35 with default settings: all o.k.; switched to HiRes settings (5400 x 1440) incl. motion blur: all o.k.
Installed A2A Spitfire, default a/c loads o.k.; change to Spit: CTD (settings were HiRes).
In contact with Nick at A2A tried several things, found that with default settings, Spit loads o.k.. Whenever changed to HiRes settings, P3D crashed. By methodical testing, from default settings, adding one settings item at a time, I ticked „Motion Blur“, and… CTD! Tried again, same effect.
Heureka! This seems the problem.
Funny though, motion blur ticked worked fine with the other A2A aircraft, Bonanza V35! So, it is not A2A or the sceneries, it seems to be a combination. Will try different A2A aircraft and different airfields.

Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re