Undocking Panels on Touch Screen Returning Focus to Main Window (P3Dv5.2)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
draci

Undocking Panels on Touch Screen Returning Focus to Main Window (P3Dv5.2)

Post by draci »

Hi to all,

I use a setup with two additional touchscreen monitors to undock 2D-panels which I operate with my fingers. However, whenever
I touch a button on the touchscreen, the focus is removed from P3D main window with the cockpit view and transferred to the 2D panel. If I then switch to external view (ChasePlane or EZDOK) I only see an untextured model of my PMDG 747 QOS which is quite annoying. To prevent this, I need to click with the mouse on the Main Monitor (no touchscreen!) to return the focus first. Because this is extremely annoying, especially in busy phases of the flight, I wrote a small AutoHotKey-script which simulates the Mouse Click on the Main Screen whenever I touch a button on the touchscreens. However, in busy phases of the flight I get an urctbase.dll error and I have the strong suspicion that the switching of the focus and interferes with new button clicks and leads to the CTD. So here's my question, is there a better (perhaps P3D internal) way to return the focus to the main window or a way to see the fully textured PMDG 747 in external view even if the main screen doesn't have the focus?

I didn't have this problem in FSX where the 2D panels of the PMDG 747 were included and I did not have to manually create them with camera views as in P3D.

Any help greatly appreciated, best regards draci