P3D Loading Default Scenario Inflight

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
FBWFTW

P3D Loading Default Scenario Inflight

Post by FBWFTW »

Hello all,
I’ve got a strange one here. Dunno if it was/is an addon or not, but my P3D is loading the default scenario in mid flight (crashes/detection and stress damage are OFF)

1. Yes I’m flying addon aircraft
2. No I haven’t checked the default debug steps YET-as I’ve got some specific questions to ask regarding the triggering of the default scenario.
3. Yes I’ve asked in the developers forums
4. While I realize the procedure is to deactivate addons etc. I believe I can avoid that for the moment and track the issue by asking some specific questions below and giving some specific answers to questions people might have. A full narrative of the situation that’s occurring is below. Thanks for any help, answers or suggestions you can offer.

Some answers to potential questions:

1. In the 737NGXu it has been happening when I’ve looked at the EFB (Number Pad key 1/END key) and there are no bindings in the sim other than my chaseplane view for the EFB (looking down/left at the EFB)

2. In the 717 I had clicked the altimeter and panned down/left with my hat switch.

3. I’ve got a ton of hardware and generally use FSUIPC/LINDA to program it all-I have very few in sim commands and I did check my numlock/number pad keys in the P3D Menu.

My specific questions are:

1. What causes P3D to load into the default scenario during a flight when there’s no key bound to it?

2. What COULD cause this default scenario to load other than a key bind? Is there something new in 5.2?

3. Can an addon command/view switch cause the default scenario to load? If so, how would it send such a command and could I monitor commands being sent somehow?

Narrative of P3D loading into default scenario while inflight in an addon aircraft:

The only changes I had recently made to P3D was I installed the TFDI 717 along w a bunch of inibuilds liveries for the PMDG 737. I haven’t yet configured all the aircraft options such as displays/autopilot style and such on all of the liveries yet and I had installed the 717 and flew a few flights with it prior. The first time it happened was on approach to KDCA in the 717-I had forgotten the altimeter and when I clicked it, BAM… the Default scenario loaded out of nowhere and then on each of my successive 737 flights started>takeoff cruise no issue. The first time in the 737, I was descending on the STAR at about 16K into KMCO in a 737-700 and BAM default scenario loaded. I reloaded the same flight a second time and I arrived to KMCO just fine. Last night in the 737, I got a descent from FL380 to FL280 and BAM it happened in that descent-as I was LOOKING AT THE EFB. Then tonight on climb out again in the 73, I was going to look at the EFB and BAM. After the altimeter on the 717 I think I panned left to the EFB side. I’m at a loss I’m trying to figure out if it’s a panel stage. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.
Ross McDonagh
KBOS
i7 10700K
MSI RTX 3080ti Ventus OC3
32GB RAM @ 3200mhz
2x 1TB M.2 NVMe
1x 360GB SATA SSD
850W Corsair 80+ Gold power supply