Can't load add-on aircraft initially

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
brettt777

Can't load add-on aircraft initially

Post by brettt777 »

I have an issue that I originally thought was a Milviz issue but I have found out that it appears to be an issue with P3D. I am currently running the latest version of 4.5 with HF3. I have several add-on aircraft, most of which are from Milviz. If I go into P3D using an OEM aircraft like the P-38L that comes with P3D, all is well. It loads and I can fly with no issues. If I try to load an add-on aircraft at first, I get a CTD. I thought it was a Milviz issue at first. If I load an OEM aircraft first like the P-38L, and then change vehicles to the F-4J/S, then it works. If I try to load the F-4J/S from the kiosk, it CTD still. But, it's not just the F-4J/S. It seems to do that with ANY add-on, even non-Milviz add-ons. I load to an OEM aircraft, then I can change the scenario to any aircraft and any location with no issue. But if I try to load using an add-on aircraft first, it CTD. Dunno about that one. Appears to be a P3D issue. Any thoughts on this? A few days ago I completely uninstalled anything and everything P3D related and reinstalled everything from scratch. I had previously been using both V4.5 and V5.2 because I do have a few add-ons that work in V5. I was having issues so I uninstalled both versions thinking the dual install may be the issue, but now I just have V4.5 and still have issues. It's usable; I can get to my add-on aircraft and fly them, but it is a bit of a pain to have to always load an OEM aircraft first.
What you think?