AA Anti-Aliasing issues "Under Investigation" by Microsoft.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
PilotRaider14

AA Anti-Aliasing issues "Under Investigation" by Microsoft.

Post by PilotRaider14 »

While this isn't P3D exactly, the AA issue is prevalent in P3D and other games/sims as well.

The MSFS team is now looking into the problem and since they are directly tied to Microsoft they might come up with a fix that resolves the shimmering and AA for all games on Windows.

This issue could be stemming from an issue with Windows itself since all Intel/AMD and NVIDIA/Radeon products are affected. Some users have mentioned they thought their 3080 was broken because of this bug.

Microsoft themselves have begun to investigate the issues related to AA (Anti-Aliasing) as many simmers on their forums are now seeing the degraded AA quality. It clearly hasn't been a figment of imagination.

This looks promising, I hope they find the culprit! The snapshot mentions it's regarding VR but I hope they fix it for 2D as well and perhaps that fix will find its way back to P3D.

Some theorize that the AA quality was dropped to allow for MSFS to arrive on Xbox, alwhile nuking AA for PC.

If you're keen on detail, you've probably noticed that MSAA doesn't work anymore for P3D and other titles, also taxiway and runway lines give an "ant marching" effect.

This effect is also visible on scenery as shown in the following video from another user:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuNAZbfF-0w

The link to the main thread discussion for AA over at the MSFS Forums can be found here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/an ... ved/437249

Let me know if you're experiencing this issue as well.

Thanks all.
Intel i9 10900K|Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz|2TB NVME 970 EVO Plus|EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080Ti | EVGA 850W G3 PSU
Windows 11 Pro | P3D, XP11, DCS World, MSFS.
Alox

Re: AA Anti-Aliasing issues "Under Investigation" by Microsoft.

Post by Alox »

Hi,

I am having this problem as well in both simulator. I hope the solution will be found.

Regards.
ryanair007

Re: AA Anti-Aliasing issues "Under Investigation" by Microsoft.

Post by ryanair007 »

This problem has been around a long time and its due to windows 10 , AA stoped working after a majour windows update , i dont remember which one , but it has not been fixed since , This problem is mostley visible for people using résolution 1920x1080 , on 4 k screens its much better , Its got to be a problem with full screen and window exlusive mode not picking up corectley , lts hops this will be fixed soon , i just lernt to live with it , even if i would prefaire to see smooth taxi lines at a distance and no choppy cut up lines . Lets hop this will change with windows 11 .