Randomly Changing Views

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ADFGVX

Randomly Changing Views

Post by ADFGVX »

Hello
I am using P3D v 5.2 (no HF) and suddenly the views are (with no specific interval, most of the time) randomly changing from virtual cockpit to top down (almost exclusively on the ground) or locked spot, spot or nearest tower. I have a number of addons such as the entire ORBX global range and various aircraft (all PMDG Boeings, Fslabs A320,Mjc Q400,Maddog X,A2A Connie,B17,Bonanza,). The issue started coming up yesterday, I have not added or removed anything from the simulator since two weeks and it was working without any issue whatsoever before. I do not have any Saitek product or any other 'more complex' setup, just the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which I have configured months ago (when getting P3DV5) and has since worked without any issues.
So I'm clueless and already a bit frustrated and would be very thankful for any help or solution

Regards
Tobias
alaxus

Re: Randomly Changing Views

Post by alaxus »

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningC ... ndows.html

You have something activating one of the keys that change the view. Refer to the above page.
Check for joystick assignments, sticky keys on the keyboard, add-ons that use the same key sequences etc.
Break it down logically:
Remove joysticks: is the behaviour the same?
Remove Keyboard: is the behaviour the same?
Remove the last add-on: is the behaviour the same?
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

Update:
I completely DELETED almost all (except the mouse pan) view switching controls and it seems to have no effect. The random view switches still happen, in the same sporadic manner.
One thing I forgot:
The default ATC windows is also opening unprompted , I also deleted the keys for that and it still happens
So I wonder what is left to trigger?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ ADFGVX
Tobias

Do you have a home built PC ?

Is it overclocked or overheating?

The General Debugging Steps are here for your review.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

@Martyrson

I do have a home built PC, however I have not done any overclocking yet
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

Update: I deleted all the files concerning the addons as suggested , and reintroduced them one by one. The issue persists, however one thing that irritates me the most is that since a few days, the aircraft (any aircraft) spawns with an outside view instead of the vc view
alaxus

Post by alaxus »

Something is going on.
Do you have FSUIPC installed? It has a logging feature that may be able to capture the events that are causing the switching.
Also, views can be changed using simconnect as well. Have you got any apps that use simmconnect or FSUIPC?
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

I don't have FSUIPC installed
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

I have now also updated my drivers. Another very annoying things that I noticed now is that it starts to get progressively worse. For about 10 minutes nothing happens, then one switch, after 3 minutes or so another, and after that multiple switches a minute
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ADFGVX wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:29 pm I have now also updated my drivers. Another very annoying things that I noticed now is that it starts to get progressively worse. For about 10 minutes nothing happens, then one switch, after 3 minutes or so another, and after that multiple switches a minute
@ ADFGVX ,

Are you still using P3D v 5.2 (no HF)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

@Martyson
Yes, I still do
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

Last session it was yet another "switch" pattern: with the FSL A320-SL ,no "switch" happened for almost an hour. after that, it switched to top down or spot nearly every minute.
I also have GSX and ASP3D, both of which I had disabled for a while, until last session, because I hoped they would be the culprit somehow, but that did not turn out to be the case.
ADFGVX

Post by ADFGVX »

Another update: Yesterday I have spent a whole session (about 4 hrs) without anything abnormal happening, only fgor it to return today with the pattern mentioned in the last post. This gets weirder and more frustrating every day