BSOD IRQL/KERNEL

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
erikschlijper

BSOD IRQL/KERNEL

Post by erikschlijper »

Hi, I am having a severe issue. Whenever I am in Prepar3D (V5.2HF1) I get BSODs with the IRQL error or Kernel errors. It only happens with P3D, any other game and flightsim runs fine. I've 2 brand-new RAM sticks, memory tests show no errors.I'm clueless and desperate on what to do.

I've already done the general debugging steps

Does anyone happen to know what to do??

Sincerely Erik
Martyson

Re: BSOD IRQL/KERNEL

Post by Martyson »

erikschlijper wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm Hi, I am having a severe issue. Whenever I am in Prepar3D (V5.2HF1) I get BSODs with the IRQL error or Kernel errors. It only happens with P3D, any other game and flightsim runs fine. I've 2 brand-new RAM sticks, memory tests show no errors.I'm clueless and desperate on what to do.

Sincerely Erik
@ erikschlijper ,

Is your PC a home built PC?

Why did you add 2 brand-new RAM sticks ?

No follow up information from Debugging steps 5, 6 and 7?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
erikschlijper

Post by erikschlijper »

Martyson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm
erikschlijper wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm Hi, I am having a severe issue. Whenever I am in Prepar3D (V5.2HF1) I get BSODs with the IRQL error or Kernel errors. It only happens with P3D, any other game and flightsim runs fine. I've 2 brand-new RAM sticks, memory tests show no errors.I'm clueless and desperate on what to do.

Sincerely Erik
@ erikschlijper ,

Is your PC a home built PC?

Why did you add 2 brand-new RAM sticks ?

No follow up information from Debugging steps 5, 6 and 7?
Hi,

Yes I've built the PC myself. It was working very well untill this issue came up.
I added 2 new sticks cause the other 2 which were in it were old, so to complete the build I needed some new RAM.

Kinda, it seems the problem arises with 3rd party addon aircrafts. Mostly in the FSLabs, I can't replicate it, cause the BSODs happen at random moments.
I have clean reinstalled the FSLabs and did the Delete Generated FIles again. Now for a test flight with the FSLabs.
I also installed a program which can open the memory.dmp file. So when a BSOD happens again I can look into it.

Greetings, Erik
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
gusram5

Post by gusram5 »

Do you have an overclock option activated in your CPU? I had it and was causing BSOD
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

That would depend on which motherboard and BIOS it is, and on how the overclocking was performed.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi erikschlijper
You said "... I've 2 brand-new RAM sticks..."
Are you using these 2 brand-new RAM sticks alone or with your previous RAM Sticks?
If you are using 4 RAM sticks, are the specifications similar?
Regards
Michel
erikschlijper

Post by erikschlijper »

Martyson wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:18 am Microsoft Community:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 570a871fc1
This didn´t solve it for me sadly.
gusram5 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 pm Do you have an overclock option activated in your CPU? I had it and was causing BSOD
No OC in CPU or GPU, only undervolting my CPU a bit to keep it from overheating.
mpni wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 am Hi erikschlijper
You said "... I've 2 brand-new RAM sticks..."
Are you using these 2 brand-new RAM sticks alone or with your previous RAM Sticks?
If you are using 4 RAM sticks, are the specifications similar?
Regards
Michel
Hi Michel, I do not run the 4 sticks together, they are however similair to each other, same brand and speeds and such

FIXED

Right after I did a windows reset as an ultimate attempt, I got another set of BSODs.
Just a sec before the latest I got a windows notification saying `Disk D has been connected´. So I figured there must be something wrong with either the disk, sata cable or drivers. So I connected it with a different SATA cable and I updated/installed chipset drivers.
That got it fixed!! Thanks all for thinking with me and the help!!