P3Dv4.5 doesn´t start

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Lautaro

P3Dv4.5 doesn´t start

Post by Lautaro »

Hi, I used P3D often without problems, 3 days ago I installed 2 sceneries:

1st: A payware scenery from Flightbeam (autoinstallation), then

2nd: freeware scenery. that requires to add it Scenery in Prepar3d/Addon folder, and 2 xml files in ProgramData/12bPilot/SODE/xml and 2 folders in ProgramData/12bPilot/SODE/SimObject folder.

After both installations I ran the app, I manually added the freeware scenery to the library and the app worked fine

2 days later I tried to open the app and it doesn´t start at all, I heard the hard disc moving fast as usually when the app it´s loading, sometimes it shows the opening screen (sometimes don´t), then it goes out (as usually) but nothing else happens, still the hard disc run fast as it´s loading, but it doesn´t load. Nothing happens

I checked task manager, app it´s not running, but it's running in the background process.

I deleted the freeware scenery, open the app and it ask me for unload the deleted scenery (so it recognized that) but it doesn't open the app, nothing happened after that (as previous), so after that I uninstalled Flightbeam scenery, nothing changed, still the same, the opening screen for a while, running as a back process, nothing else happened, it doesn't open.

Can you help me please ? What should I do or try ?

Thanks
Swinden

Re: P3Dv4.5 doesn´t start

Post by Swinden »

Mine also ceased to function about a day ago without any new add-ons etc. I get the opening screen, then Loading Scenery bar for a split second then CTD.

I've updated the NVIDA drivers, but that is all.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Swinden wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:40 pm Mine also ceased to function about a day ago without any new add-ons etc. I get the opening screen, then Loading Scenery bar for a split second then CTD.

I've updated the NVIDA drivers, but that is all.
@ Swinden ,

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the

Faulting Module Name

example:

https://i.imgur.com/P8tLh2w.jpg
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Lautaro

Post by Lautaro »

I also have the NVIDIA card updated, I check Event viewer and had no error at the time I tried to start P3D, so I guess can´t find nothing there (seem´s like there´s no error) but it doesn´t load

Any idea before uninstall it ?

Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Lautaro wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:25 pm I also have the NVIDIA card updated, I check Event viewer and had no error at the time I tried to start P3D, so I guess can´t find nothing there (seem´s like there´s no error) but it doesn´t load

Any idea before uninstall it ?

Thanks
@ Lautaro ,

The General Debugging Steps are here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Swinden

Post by Swinden »

Nothing in the Event Viewer. But what I have noticed is that P3D will actually minimize and run in the background, according to the Task Manager. So the APP is still active as I can hear my fan humming along.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Swinden ,

The General Debugging Steps are here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,