Mesh changing by itself once in a while

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
brianv

Mesh changing by itself once in a while

Post by brianv »

Hi, I am with P3Dv5.2HF1 and I always set my mesh at 5m. Yet, once in a while when starting the program it has changed mesh to 2m by itself. Also, I have the controllers off (I use fsuipc), but it sometimes reactivates itself. Not sure what might be causing this change, easy to revert, but just wanted to let you know.
Martyson

Re: Mesh changing by itself once in a while

Post by Martyson »

brianv wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 am Hi, I am with P3Dv5.2HF1 and I always set my mesh at 5m. Yet, once in a while when starting the program it has changed mesh to 2m by itself. Also, I have the controllers off (I use fsuipc), but it sometimes reactivates itself. Not sure what might be causing this change, easy to revert, but just wanted to let you know.
@ brianv ,

Did you uninstall all add-ons , uninstall old P3D then do a full install of P3Dv5.2HF1?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
brianv

Post by brianv »

Hi Martyson, thank you for your response. I always uninstall via add/remove programs in windows the complete P3D (although I do not manually erase any folders or files beyond that) before installing a new full install of a new version of P3D. This way, my add-ons stay in place (airplanes, orbx, etc). Not sure if that could be the reason?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ brianv ,

Taking Controllers , FSUIPC as in your example.

Sounds like your Prepar3d.cfg is reverting to a default file.

Make a backup copy of the file with your good settings.

Next time the problem presents make another backup copy of the file with a different name.

Now compare the two backup files line by line to see what is changing.

Note:
Delete the file and P3D will generate a default file on the next P3D start up.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)