[RESOLVED] XTAL VR/MR Native Support

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
tgaldi

[RESOLVED] XTAL VR/MR Native Support

Post by tgaldi »

I'm trying to use the XTAL with built in MR kit with version 5.2. There is no XTAL option in the VR dropdown menu and I've tried enabling XTAL in the Prepa3d.cfg:

Code: Select all

LoadVirtualReality=1

Code: Select all

EnableVirtualRealityOnStartup=5
Nonetheless the XTAL does not seem to be working. I've installed the latest firmware (2.8.2.145) and VR-Tool (2.2.1.22).
Martyson

Re: XTAL VR/MR Native Support

Post by Martyson »

@ tgaldi ,

Just checking.

Is this $8330.00 USD VR headset you are using?

https://www.xtal.pro/product/xtal-8k-virtual-headset
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
tgaldi

Post by tgaldi »

Yes, I just spoke to VRGineers and they said to replace the hmd64.dll from their install directory to the P3D directory. They also have a new version coming out soon, but both versions currently do not support P3D pass-through cameras.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ tgaldi ,

Quick follow up question.

Does your XTAL VR have a FPS (frames per second) requirement for P3D for smooth , no jitters viewing ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Prepar3D ships with a VRG/XTAL integration, but it relies on the VRG SDK being installed, which might not be included in the initial XTAL base install. If the SDK is found, you should see the VRG option available in the VR menu. If the option does not show up, likely the VRG SDK is not installed in the folder where it is looking. We did test this internally, but we placed the SDK files in a specific location manually. I believe the sdk files should be in C:\ProgramData\VRG\SDK. The VRG team was included in our beta. They helped develop the P3D integration and also tested it in their labs before release. There is no support for pass-though cameras at this time, however the VirtualReality.dll is build using the Prepar3D SDK and can be replaced with an updated add-on. If there is a problem, it can potentially be addressed outside the point-release cycle. We do have a hot fix in the works, though and will reach out to the VRG team to see if they have any SDK updates they would like for us to include.

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: [RESOLVED] XTAL VR/MR Native Support

Post by Beau Hollis »

Marking this resolved. Older VRG SDK versions may not work properly with P3D v5.2. If you're not seeing the option on the menu, check and make sure that you have updated to the latest VRG SDK. We are going to include a slightly newer version of the VRG SDK in the hot fix to just keep it as up-to-date as possible, but it should work fine as-is.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect