New Black Screen Issue - EA Rain

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
B777ER

New Black Screen Issue - EA Rain

Post by B777ER »

When using EA on, during heavy rain, there is an intermittent bug were the screen will start to go black in areas. Was using PMDG777 at KMIA time 1535Z on this date with AS3PD latest build and live weather. The area outside the VC windows on my screen would turn black and it would grow on the screen. I could pan around and still see parts of the cockpit. Selecting outside spot view would clear it and then I would go back to VC view and it would be gone. It did this a few times with the heavy rain. As soon as I cleared the weather manually and the rain went away, so did the black screen issue.

I know it was not my GPU as I have a RTX3090. I monitored by GPU and CPU info (9900k) and observed no abnormalities and neither were anywhere close to being taxed.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: New Black Screen Issue - EA Rain

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Eric,

Are you seeing this with the default rainy weather themes with no add-ons as well or only when using live weather?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm Hi Eric,

Are you seeing this with the default rainy weather themes with no add-ons as well or only when using live weather?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Live weather Rob. Have not tried default wx themes.
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm Hi Eric,

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob, this happened again yesterday again using live weather. It seems to do this when an initial hit of heavy rain hits. If say in a thunderstorm, this issue will start with the first heavy precipitation. I can select another view and it will return things to normal. Go back into VC and it will be fine unless another wave of heavy rain hits. I have a RTX 3090 gpu so I am positive its not the gpu being saturated.
Simflyerofficial

Post by Simflyerofficial »

B777ER wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm When using EA on, during heavy rain, there is an intermittent bug were the screen will start to go black in areas. Was using PMDG777 at KMIA time 1535Z on this date with AS3PD latest build and live weather. The area outside the VC windows on my screen would turn black and it would grow on the screen. I could pan around and still see parts of the cockpit. Selecting outside spot view would clear it and then I would go back to VC view and it would be gone. It did this a few times with the heavy rain. As soon as I cleared the weather manually and the rain went away, so did the black screen issue.

I know it was not my GPU as I have a RTX3090. I monitored by GPU and CPU info (9900k) and observed no abnormalities and neither were anywhere close to being taxed.
I Eric,

I have the same problem but then without EA. I managed to record it i will upload it when i am home so others can see what happens.
maybe we have the same problem. It happens only when it is raining split second black squares in the cockpit. Is is really distracting.

Greets Jasper
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Simflyerofficial wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:33 pm
B777ER wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm When using EA on, during heavy rain, there is an intermittent bug were the screen will start to go black in areas. Was using PMDG777 at KMIA time 1535Z on this date with AS3PD latest build and live weather. The area outside the VC windows on my screen would turn black and it would grow on the screen. I could pan around and still see parts of the cockpit. Selecting outside spot view would clear it and then I would go back to VC view and it would be gone. It did this a few times with the heavy rain. As soon as I cleared the weather manually and the rain went away, so did the black screen issue.

I Eric,

I have the same problem but then without EA. I managed to record it i will upload it when i am home so others can see what happens.
maybe we have the same problem. It happens only when it is raining split second black squares in the cockpit. Is is really distracting.

Greets Jasper
Yes, this is what I am getting! Please upload video so LM can see it. Thanks!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ B777ER ,
Eric,

Have you tested with the newest Active Sky version 7840 for P3D?

Your current P3D version number xxxyyy ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Martyson wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:32 pm @ B777ER ,
Eric,

Have you tested with the newest Active Sky version 7840 for P3D?

Your current P3D version number xxxyyy ?
Yes, it's not AS, it's a LM bug. Please stop with the armchair tech support. We are only interested in what the LM team has to say on it. Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ B777ER ,

Are you seeing the problem now with the current P3D version 5.2 and LM weather themes?
Best Regards,
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Can someone from LM advise if a fix for this will be in forthcoming HF?
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Just had it happen again. Using latest AS3PD build, latest Nvidia drivers. This is with Live Weather being injected. As soon as the rain started while flying into EDDM, the black pixelated screen started where the rain was showing in the VC. Had to select spot view and then go back into VC to get to stop.
hotbso

Post by hotbso »

I have recorded a video.

https://youtu.be/Z-L7HBDZ2Tc

Any new ideas on this?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ hotbso ,

P3D product and version xxxyyy number?
Which Add-ons are you using (Active Sky, VR, ChasePlane, others)?
What are your system specs?
Best Regards,
hotbso

Post by hotbso »

5.2HF1, ASP3D B7857, ASCA B778

I can reproduce it on the standard Randolph AFB, the F22 and ASP3D, static weather with the "Rain Drops" preset.
I cannot reproduce this with p3d's internal rain.

RTX2080 TI
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

hotbso wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:45 pm 5.2HF1, ASP3D B7857, ASCA B778

I can reproduce it on the standard Randolph AFB, the F22 and ASP3D, static weather with the "Rain Drops" preset.
I cannot reproduce this with p3d's internal rain.

RTX2080 TI
hotbso ,

Which Add-ons are you using (Active Sky, VR, ChasePlane, others)?
What are your system specs?

The P3D system requirements are here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

The General Debugging Steps are here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,