5.2 vol clouds looking like pixelated squares moving from grid to grid

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
micschneider

5.2 vol clouds looking like pixelated squares moving from grid to grid

Post by micschneider »

Hi all,
since moving to 5.2 the volumetrics clouds really looking awful. It is like little squares put together and moving visible from one grid to another if you fly a turn. I have this even in setting high. Ultra reduces my fps by 50%.
The amortize option is off as it produces straight lines in my views.
What can I do ?
Best regards
Michael
swaluver88

Re: 5.2 vol clouds looking like pixelated squares moving from grid to grid

Post by swaluver88 »

Yeah I noticed this flying over the pacific however I did also notice this was after ASP3D recently injected weather which makes me thing ut was smoothly transition them that way. Because they stopped after 2 minutes. Oddity.
swaluver88

Post by swaluver88 »

after testing what causes this issue it is when ASp3D refreshes the weather. however now when i push a hard refresh on the debug section of ASP3D the clouds move like then stop then move towards the direction that they are moving from the reports at a fast speed making it seem like your plane is not moving and or its in a fast simulation rate when it really is not
swaluver88

Post by swaluver88 »

here you see the trans:

video of what the clouds are doing;
https://vimeo.com/562487989

so its transitioning issue that needs to be fixed i believe

then you see them flying by after it stops like youre doing MACH 8 or some ridiculous peed
b757max

Re: 5.2 卷云看起来像像素化的正方形从网格移动到网格

Post by b757max »

You can take a look at this link, and I solved the problem by following its instructions
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6017 ... ea-clouds/
swaluver88

Re: Re: 5.2 卷云看起来像像素化的正方形从网格移动到网格

Post by swaluver88 »

b757max wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 pm You can take a look at this link, and I solved the problem by following its instructions
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6017 ... ea-clouds/
The only problem I'm having with that is a hanging ctd with it immediately. Without that and the original 5.2 one installed the problem still consists but the crash doesn't happen. Im still testing out what values could make it not crash. Lockheed will probably have to see if it works on their end before they release it as their original.

Lesson one for me cane back way in fs9 days, dont install people Dlls, cfg, Or XMLs due to crashes. They might work on some systems but not everyone's.

Hopefully this issue gets killed from the inside coding and released in a hotfix