Shift-Z working, but freezes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
F1le

Re: Shift-Z working, but freezes

Post by F1le »

MediocreGorilla wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:26 pm Five minutes into my first flight I can already confirm my biggest fear:
The shift + z overlay is stuck at static values of the first set, toggling through the different sets doesn't change the values at all:

Also the simconnect menu ist stuck in this state:

I really enjoy 5.2, you did a great job on this release, but I think I'm not exaggerating when I say this is quite a big issue.

1:1 my problem too...

Yep, wanted to open a new topic, but people seems to get it... Got same problem it freezes and causing FPS drops and same GSX getting those Option
1, Option 2 etc.
Rob McCarthy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 pm Do you know what steps caused the info text and simconnect menu to freeze?

With the context menu lagging does this only occur if the menu bar is hidden?

In my case nothing. Autopilot flying and after ~1h suddenly big FPS hit and Shift+Z frozen (Const 26.9FPS and you couldn't turn it off etc, Shift+Z stopped working at all). Behind those options (Option 1, Option 2 etc) in my case was hidden GSX (Ground Services X) menu after landing trying to get a gate operator.
TextRich

Post by TextRich »

F1le wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pmIn my case nothing. Autopilot flying and after ~1h suddenly big FPS hit and Shift+Z frozen (Const 26.9FPS and you couldn't turn it off etc, Shift+Z stopped working at all). Behind those options (Option 1, Option 2 etc) in my case was hidden GSX (Ground Services X) menu after landing trying to get a gate operator.
I have exactly the same issue with v5.2. The upper left information freezes and the Alt menu doesn't work properly. In addition, when I use the SimConnect menu to call up GSX after landing, I get the same blank Option 1, Option 2, etc. When I try to save and re-load the sim, I get a full black screen after loading. The only way to get it back to normal for me is to restart P3D and resume from where I saved.
Sim: CH Yoke/Throttle/Pedals, Airbus stick, Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, 3 Saitek panels, ButtKicker

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors
F1le

Post by F1le »

So far I realized as long as I don't turn on SHIFT+Z menu (with FPSes and/or location data etc) those problems with "freezing" and FPS hit don't appear.
B747Fan

Post by B747Fan »

I get those lags as well but if you don´t click anywhere and after a minute (and today I moved the mouse), its loading and working afterwards smooth.
Regards,
Timm Rehberg
TextRich

Post by TextRich »

F1le wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am So far I realized as long as I don't turn on SHIFT+Z menu (with FPSes and/or location data etc) those problems with "freezing" and FPS hit don't appear.
I tried that and only got a few less freezes. In addition, I become more susceptible to getting full black screens with a minute's wait. If Shift+Z is used, the black screens don't appear.
Sim: CH Yoke/Throttle/Pedals, Airbus stick, Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, 3 Saitek panels, ButtKicker

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Can we expect HF before weekend? Very hard to use in current state.
isiattie

Post by isiattie »

Yup. Same issues here. I believe it’s a general bug?

Algo with menus. Trying to select something stutters and freezes the sim until I completely disappear the menu bar.
F1le

Post by F1le »

Not playable, even on ground I can't get pushback because it looks simconnect is freezing and get those GSX menu only with "Option 1, Option 2, Option 3" without even touching Shift+Z, waiting for HotFix...

KG1000

Post by KG1000 »

Just to confirm I have these exact issues. The departure (from anywhere) seems unaffected. In cruise and particularly final approach, these issues occur. In particular the FPS/VRAM white text appears randomly top left causing initial freezes. Very slow FPS on final approach. After touch down pressure on brakes again sees stutters and pause with the white top left text repeatedly on and off. Can make taxiing almost impossible. (Have uninstalled and reinstalled etc).
Really appreciate developers working in this. Would further appreciate any time frames for a fix as this is making my enjoyment of P3D over five years an unpleasant experience.

Best,

Keith Giannoni
F1le

Post by F1le »

KG1000 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 pm Just to confirm I have these exact issues. The departure (from anywhere) seems unaffected.
Wait a bit longer on the ground and departure will be affected too.
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

I get those same issues as well. Do u think that’s what’s causing the Dxgi?
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
F1le

Post by F1le »

Mb944 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:09 pm I get those same issues as well. Do u think that’s what’s causing the Dxgi?
Don't know - had 1 DXGI error on 5.2 when everything got frozen and FPS dropped to 5 a moment after Shift+Z stats got frozen, but never had any problems with DXGI... so maybe that's the reason.
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

I wish we could just go back to the old red text, no issues with them whatsoever.... WHY change it?, I had a terrible experience when on approach the other day, the new white info just froze and i experienced awful stutters .... Every time i switch to view the info, i get pauses and stutters like most other users… The Only way around it is to turn off the notifications.

Rich
TextRich

Post by TextRich »

keenrw wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:33 pm I wish we could just go back to the old red text, no issues with them whatsoever.... WHY change it?, I had a terrible experience when on approach the other day, the new white info just froze and i experienced awful stutters .... Every time i switch to view the info, i get pauses and stutters like most other users… The Only way around it is to turn off the notifications.
HTML5 is VERY customizable. You can use any color and style you wish. However, hang in there, I hear the next hotfix will take care of this issue.

Post by 738 »

Same issue for me too.

Fresh install of 5.2, cant use gsx and proatc menu. All i get is option 1,2,3,4,5,6,and so on like the pictures posted shows.