Help with trim button

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
davidzill

Help with trim button

Post by davidzill »

Captains, I need assistance. I’ve read up on this and have yet to find a solution. I have a Thrustmaster Hornet stick. I would like to use the 4-way trim switch to control elevator/aileron trim. It seems to be bound by default to the view system. I use trackir so it is not needed. When I delete the view settings and try to set it to it to the trim, the control options only read it as a one way switch. Anyone know how to set my 4-way trim switch to control elevator/aileron trim, or if anything just elevator trim? Thanks!
Martyson

Re: Help with trim button

Post by Martyson »

@ davidzill ,

FSUIPC if you have the licensed product.

I use FSUIPC for all Assignments and Calibrations.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
davidzill

Post by davidzill »

Ok cool. I have FSUIPC however haven’t really used it much. I’ll try it out...thanks!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

davidzill wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:44 am Ok cool. I have FSUIPC however haven’t really used it much. I’ll try it out...thanks!
@ davidzill ,

You are welcome.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Dzosef

Post by Dzosef »

No need for the fsiupc, "Hat" switch can be assigned to the (POV hat) events in p3d key assignment panel.
Search for trim, look for elvator/aileron or elevator/rudder trim (POV hat) and assign the hat switch. On some aircraft the trim wheel will not move but I can guarantee it will work.
davidzill

Post by davidzill »

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!
davidzill

Post by davidzill »

Dzosef wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:39 pm No need for the fsiupc, "Hat" switch can be assigned to the (POV hat) events in p3d key assignment panel.
Search for trim, look for elvator/aileron or elevator/rudder trim (POV hat) and assign the hat switch. On some aircraft the trim wheel will not move but I can guarantee it will work.
Could not make it work.