"Enable Add-On" question every time p3d starts

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
liderpz

"Enable Add-On" question every time p3d starts

Post by liderpz »

Hi,
I have searched the forum, but I was unable to find any post covering my issue. My bad.

I recently have installed 3 new sceneries, and my P3D v5.1 ask me for enabling them, every time I start it. All three sceneries use the new add-on.xml method to be enabled.
Once enabled, all three work fine, during the session.
I only can infere this issue can be related to file rights (the one including all addons, I mean).
Any advice?
Thanks ;-)
Martyson

Re: "Enable Add-On" question every time p3d starts

Post by Martyson »

liderpz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:22 pm Hi,
I have searched the forum, but I was unable to find any post covering my issue. My bad.

I recently have installed 3 new sceneries, and my P3D v5.1 ask me for enabling them, every time I start it. All three sceneries use the new add-on.xml method to be enabled.
Once enabled, all three work fine, during the session.
I only can infere this issue can be related to file rights (the one including all addons, I mean).
Any advice?
Thanks ;-)
If you go to Options Add-ons is there a CheckMark for each of your Add-ons enabling them.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
liderpz

Post by liderpz »

Yes, I know, and during the session, they appear as checked. But if I close P3D and restart it, the questions arise again.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

liderpz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:36 pm Yes, I know, and during the session, they appear as checked. But if I close P3D and restart it, the questions arise again.
@ liderpz ,

Which Add-ons are they?
Freeware / payware?

Did you manually install them or did e.g., a program installer install them?
Best Regards,
liderpz

Post by liderpz »

Three sceneries from ORBX, (EIDW, LPPT and KHQM). I just did let the installer do the magic, as usual.
I think (maybe I am wrong), it is something related to a write permission not allowed to the file where they are enabled.
I used to solve these issues within my scenery.cfg, but I am not so used to the new way of enabling them.
In programdata folder, entries for all three exist in scenery_add-ons.xml, but not in add-ons.cfg.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

liderpz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:11 pm Three sceneries from ORBX, (EIDW, LPPT and KHQM). I just did let the installer do the magic, as usual.
I think (maybe I am wrong), it is something related to a write permission not allowed to the file where they are enabled.
I used to solve these issues within my scenery.cfg, but I am not so used to the new way of enabling them.
In programdata folder, entries for all three exist in scenery_add-ons.xml, but not in add-ons.cfg.
@ liderpz ,
You are runnig P3D as Administrator, correct?

"I used to solve these issues within my scenery.cfg, but I am not so used to the new way of enabling them. "
You should not have a problem if you use a payware installer.

You are looking here, correct?
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
add-ons.cfg

Post here the content of the add-ons.cfg file (for Active / Required ) information.
Best Regards,
liderpz

Re: "Enable Add-On" question every time p3d starts (solved)

Post by liderpz »

Solved. My suspicions were right. I copied the contents from add-ons.cfg to a new file , renamed it to add-ons.cfg, and bob's your uncle.
There were something wrong in the old file, it asked me for administrator rights to save it, weird, as I run P3D as admin, always.
Looking for a reason to this behavior, I can only think I tried for a while a tool called P3D AddOn Organizer. Maybe it changes this file when you save your configuration? You never know.
Thanks anyway, I appreciate your answer.
Martyson

Re: "Enable Add-On" question every time p3d starts (solved)

Post by Martyson »

liderpz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm Solved. My suspicions were right. I copied the contents from add-ons.cfg to a new file , renamed it to add-ons.cfg, and bob's your uncle.
There were something wrong in the old file, it asked me for administrator rights to save it, weird, as I run P3D as admin, always.
Looking for a reason to this behavior, I can only think I tried for a while a tool called P3D AddOn Organizer. Maybe it changes this file when you save your configuration? You never know.
Thanks anyway, I appreciate your answer.
@ liderpz ,

You are welcome.
Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,